wheel hop

i will be driving my teggy daily and i would like to stomp on it occasionally. it will be NA so no crazy amount of HP. just healthy. i am concerned about wheel hop. the last time i drove it i remember once i hammered it(after i gently leting off on the clutch) at a light from full stop and my front end exhibited "wheel hop". i want to prevent this and/or eliminate this completly. i am still doing research of my own however if any knows of a perticular product or any arrangement of products i would appreciate enlightenment.

again

goal: healthy NA B18C1 + "?suspension component(s)?"= little to no wheel hop

so let me get this straight, you "hammered" it and gently let off the clutch? doesn't make much sense...but if you stop trying to peel out, you won't have wheel hop. to really answer your question, i noticed a little difference when i changed out my shocks/springs...and a huge difference when i went with lsd in the motor swap.

so let me get this straight, you "hammered" it and gently let off the clutch? doesn't make much sense...but if you stop trying to peel out, you won't have wheel hop. to really answer your question, i noticed a little difference when i changed out my shocks/springs...and a huge difference when i went with lsd in the motor swap.

how do you get your kicks grandma. jk. thnx for the thread. ok seriously though... you know what i mean i let of the clutch to not catch so hard, brought it up to about 3k rpms then stomped on it "for kicks". vtec fun... but whatever... ok yea i already have my shocks and springs changed out. H and R lowering springs and eibach shocks and about the lsd... wouldn't tht only help wheel spin i.e. traction on one side. my question was directed to torque concerns i just want my wheels to stay on the ground. im allowed to peel out whenever i want. it's fun.

how do you get your kicks grandma.

i get my kicks at 9000rpms...i'm no grandma lol...like attaus said, traction bar. and yes, lsd will help wheel hop. my sohc motor used to do that all the time, but after the swap it was just perfect. no more hopping...your wheels would stay on the ground. i also got some new tires to add

Motor mount inserts, suspension upgrades, engine torque damper, traction bar, and H brace.

dammit mike!

i was gonna pwn some clueless n00bs and say that, then you stroll in here and steal my thunder!

+12

solid lca's

lsd

camber kit

to name a few other things that could possibly help with you wheel hop.

but imo the most important thing are solid motor mount inserts. i bought solid racing mounts for my swap from explicit performance in Washington DC, if i were you that would be the first thing i did....

Archived