del sols

I couldn't afford a DSLR, so had to opt for a p&s. I did some research and found that the Canon A620 is on of the best cameras I could afford. It retails for $400 and I picked it up on newegg.com for $235 w/ a 1 gig SD card. I can do manual or auto focus, shutter speed up to 15 seconds, quite a few aperature and iso settings to play with too. Canon uses the same lens and glass on the A620 that they use on there high end S series cameras. I can also get different lenses and filters for it, like telephoto, macro, wide angle, polerize, ifrared, etc...... so it really has endless capabilities. All that combined with the good price was hard to beat. I figure that if I really like the photography (which I plan to get into pretty heavily) then I'll save up and get a Nikon D50 or Canon Rebel XT. For now, I think this will allow me to really learn the ropes and take some killer photos in the process.

Chris does want a Canon next so it seems like you made a good choice purchasing the A620...i'm trying to get into it, but everything is so damn pricey for a good camera and lenses...thousands of dollars when all is said and done. ridiculous.

I couldn't afford a DSLR, so had to opt for a p&s. I did some research and found that the Canon A620 is on of the best cameras I could afford. It retails for $400 and I picked it up on newegg.com for $235 w/ a 1 gig SD card. I can do manual or auto focus, shutter speed up to 15 seconds, quite a few aperature and iso settings to play with too. Canon uses the same lens and glass on the A620 that they use on there high end S series cameras. I can also get different lenses and filters for it, like telephoto, macro, wide angle, polerize, ifrared, etc...... so it really has endless capabilities. All that combined with the good price was hard to beat. I figure that if I really like the photography (which I plan to get into pretty heavily) then I'll save up and get a Nikon D50 or Canon Rebel XT. For now, I think this will allow me to really learn the ropes and take some killer photos in the process.

I do alot of pro videography, I use a Canon GL2 with a Century Optics ultra fisheye lense, it was hardcore money though.

the one in his sig right now was photoshopped to look like it was moving.. theres no one in the drivers seat

its a ghost car!

and to let everyone know, the black car has actual version of the rota Jmags.

and the HX wheels look like CTR wheels to me.

Yeah, it's photoshopped. Since my wife can't drive a stick (well one stick she can), then it's hard for me to get action shots of my car.

Yeah, if you get into serious photography then it costs a ton of money. Luckily I can get new lens for this camera (Opteka) for around $70 a piece, so I should be able to do a lot considering what I got. I've never heard a bad comment about canon cameras, so that says something about them.

Yeah, it's photoshopped. Since my wife can't drive a stick (well one stick she can), then it's hard for me to get action shots of my car.

Yeah, if you get into serious photography then it costs a ton of money. Luckily I can get new lens for this camera (Opteka) for around $70 a piece, so I should be able to do a lot considering what I got. I've never heard a bad comment about canon cameras, so that says something about them.

Lmao

Canons are great cameras for sure, dude. You chose wisely. They're good base quality but they go all the way up if you want the pro stuff. My friend has an old mid-grade canon that serves us well.

Yeah, I'm pleased with it. Got it last night and played with it some. Takes great pictures indoors and has awesome colors. I'm already itching to get some lenses for it. Doesn't zoom far enough for me, and I want a 10x macro lens. Oh, well, gotta save up. I'll take new pics of the car tonight and post them in a new thread (assuming the rain holds off)

CTR wheels are white with red H emblems right?

CTR wheels are the same wheels that come on a usdm ITR. those are jdm 96 spec ITR wheels, not hx wheels. 98 and up ITR wheels sport the 5 lug pattern. get with it guys.

Archived