burn't/bent valve?

p_diesel

wat up! im back i've finally found out what was wrong with my idle problem i had brought up a while back....ive had i guy look at my prelude and we've dicoverd that my compression is low for my cylinders...the first 1 was 150 the 2 was 130 the 3 was 130 and the 4 was 165 is that good or bad....and what should the compression be for the 97 prelude sh/h22a????? should i replace the valve thats low or replace all the valves????? is there any places that can rebuild or u can buy built heads??any suggestions would be apreciated!

if you read the manual(i dont know for sure just going by other manuals ive read for civics) , it will tell you what the service limit is for your compression rating. meaning how low it can get before engine will either not run or run with risk of making things much worse. 130 is way too low.

by the way going by your compression test results id ay you got more than one bad valve. 2 cyl. got damaged valves it looks like to me.

if you read the manual(i dont know for sure just going by other manuals ive read for civics) , it will tell you what the service limit is for your compression rating. meaning how low it can get before engine will either not run or run with risk of making things much worse. 130 is way too low.

by the way going by your compression test results id ay you got more than one bad valve. 2 cyl. got damaged valves it looks like to me.

alright thanks for the post... do u know of any sites or companys that sell good built heads or should i just rebuild the one i have??

your head is most likely fine as kind. new valves and seals and guides your back in business. and really you only need to replace the bent ones if you like.

Archived