Car Always Loses water..

Ballinfrogs

Alright guys I need some help here, my car has been losing water recently and quicly, I can tell because it starts heating up and the dash tells me its heating up...Question is how do I ix it..its really annoying to fill it up with water every 2 days..thanx!

losing water? are you putting water in the radiator?

if that's what you're talking about, use radaitor stop leak, then use 50/50 coolant by prestone. comes in a big jug for about $7

radiator stop leak your funny dude , lol , you run those additives in your car? good luck with that. its either leaking it or burning it one or the other. look for white smoke in your exhaust(burning it) , or puddles on the ground to pinpoint leak under the hood.

maybe i didn't explain. what you do is drain whatever is left from the leaking coolant. pour in the stop leak, turn the car on, let it run for 5 minutes, pour out whatever is left of the stop leak, pour water in there, let the car run for 5 more minutes to flush it out....then add the 50/50 coolant...hasn't leaked since.

so no, i don't run my car with the stop leak in the system.

Check all water hoses. Squeeze them and look for tiny cracks. If there are any replace that hose. Also check radiator for slow leaks while underneath car. If you can't find it there you have an internal engine problem b/c cars don't usually consume antifreeze!

Archived