DreaM BuilD

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the rear end ratio is a locking 4:11. sorry bud but you obviously have some learning to do to argue with that

actually i can , cause 4.11's wont get ya there. youd need to run like 430 range with smallblock stroker. you think your gonna get 10's out of a stroked smallblock without gearing it as short as it needs to be through the gears at end of 1/4 mile?? im not knocking ya though dude , you sound like you know some about cars. was just pointing out stuff everyone can learn from dude. including you.

while your out galavanting about your knowledge like any hot head kid, go find me one ford part that is cheaper then gm's equal part. and also, go find me a ford 351 that has outlasted a chevy 350.

kid? galavanting? jesus my grandpa uses that term , how old are you dude? im 30 so im not a kid for sure. ford parts more than chevs? hmm wonder why , guess you get what you pay for. which 351 are you talking about??theres 3 different kinds , 351 cleveland , 351 windsor , and 351 modified. i suppose you knew that too right? and a 351 windsor would outlast any 350. since chev has one engine block , 262ci to 400ci. same as thier bigblock engines , 396 up to 454 all same block as well. you cant even compare chev power to ford cause thiers no comparison. thats why people build chevs , cheap , and every car they made got the same dam engine in it , lol.

first of all youve got your combustion chamber size, which going from a 9:1 to an 11:1 compression is atleast 30 horsepower

now im not saying your combustion chamber has nothing to do with compression ratio , but a smallblock chev stock prolly dont even got 9:1 , im guessing around 8 , since im not a chev guy. now your boost in compression ratio has more to do with the stroke increase than anything dude. strokers are no good for the street in V-8 engines either depending on how big you go. they burn oil (more so in the past than with todays technology due to oil rings intersecting with wrist pin), and wear out cylinder walls quick. 30 hp increase you say? stroking a 350 to 383 and running 2.05 heads will get you like at least 125 horse , lol.

first of all i said going from a 9:1 to 11:1 is atleast 30 horsepower. secondly i do know that their is a windsor and a cleveland and a modified. my friends got a cleveland in his 78 ford, and my uncle has an old windsor in his bronco. and chevy using the same engine in their cars is what made them so easy, CHEAPER, and more popular to modify. as long as the block is sound, you can turn any 350 block into whatever youde like with the stuff thats out there today, and the best thing about it is you will find atleast 10 good chevy blocks at any junkyard in the US. Fords got all those fancy DOHC v8's with four valves per cylinder, that granted they may be fast engines, but cost many times more to modify and have much more moving parts that could break. ford parts cost more because they are not nearly as widely produced, not because their parts are made better or worse. fords got good competition when it comes to the newer vehicles, but chevy v8's are way more cost effective and you get the same results.

oh and after 1987, chevy engines had lower the 9:1 compression ratio. some pre-87 small blocks at upwards of 9.5, even 10:1 compressions, but most of the chevy engines, unless in a camaro chevelle monte carlo or any of the performance cars, were pretty much 150 horsepower clunkers.

what are you joking me.......i freaking sold my truck for almost 5,000 and turned around and bought a practically completely built eclipse for 2,700 .....heck yea i freaking sold my truck for something way faster and saved gas.......not only that but it was what i wanted to do....dumb i think not and i dont need 20 years to do anything.....my prerogative i think so

your thinking 305 for the old 150 horse clunker . fancy dohc 4 valves per cylinder??hahaha. thats standard now dude , chev just doesnt change anything. thier happy to be slow. 96 is when ford went to the 4.6. and not all models have dohc heads , only cobras.

not many guys on here like me and you timmy that even know domestic crap. i dont know about you , but as far as domestic power goes , nascar from 1967 to 1971 is when domestic power was at its best(or before US congress shut it down i should say). nascar stock cars were turning faster laps in 1969 than they do still to this day. they all ran whatever the baddest engine they had developed up to that point. dodge had 426 hemi , ford had BOSS 429 cobra jet(also hemi , and untouchable by any powerplant running in america on the race track). than the rules changed , the fuel changed , and restricter plates came in. if you go read about the history of nascar in those peak years , you wont see chev mentioned not even once. in fact rule changes and restricter plates is the only thing that allowed them to win races. as it is to this day. ford raced and won every single racing event there is to win.

Just because I didn't want to argue about something doesn't make me ignorant or not intelligent. Have you know my grandfather, cousin, and uncle all race sprint cars. Who built their motors for five years? Me. What kind of motors are they? 305's, 350's, 360's, 400's etc. etc. Now of course it IS slightly different since sprint cars have to be push started...they only have one gear. Nonetheless, I have worked on those things ever since I could hand my grandfather a wrench. Please don't insult my intelligence. I assure you...nothing went over my head. Imports perhaps you can school me on imports smewhat, but this, is what I'm all about.

its after the early 70's when it all went way downhill. the energy crisis was 80 percent of the reason why. during the mid 70's and especiall ythe early 80's is when 150-190 horsepower was common for a 350. ever since the mid 90's is when it has started to climb again, especially now with dodge making the challenger and charger, ford making the stangs, and chevy improving the corvette and making the new camaro that unless something horrible happens, is coming out in 08 or 09.

nascar was kick as back then because there were few restrictions, so rather then spending most of the cheese on aerodynamics and such, they could jsut beef the motor as much as they could until it started to not last as long as the race.

what are you joking me.......i freaking sold my truck for almost 5,000 and turned around and bought a practically completely built eclipse for 2,700 .....heck yea i freaking sold my truck for something way faster and saved gas.......not only that but it was what i wanted to do....dumb i think not and i dont need 20 years to do anything.....my prerogative i think so

well my advice to you is go load up some 2x4's and plywood in your eclipse. wish you had your truck back at that point.

i think if i built another car it would be a late model(06) gto with the ls2 motor.stock they put out almost 400 hp.since its a dream build id go twin turbod and intercooled for some serious horsepower. factory air and stereo would be all this sleeper car would have,and i bet nobody would notice this car till it was too late...

well my advice to you is go load up some 2x4's and plywood in your eclipse. wish you had your truck back at that point.

HAHAHHAHAHA.....yea man it was insane fast but I worked on it every other freaking day...which is why I bought a Honda...I eventually sold the Eclipse just because I needed money bad after it got broken into.Now I have a car that I can work on it when I want and not when I need to like the Eclipse.

lol......did you have the kit and everything for it...?????!!!! i didnt have the money you know that lol

lol well the kit.....all u needed was the turbo and the electronics...u had the intercooler and everything else.

Slick said that T2/T3 turbo was like $300. and the electronics from GReddy woulda been like $150...

so for like $500 it coulda been turbo'd.

sorry dude.....i was definitely too busy buying starters, alternators, cv axles,billions of fuses, rewiring, and keeping the battery on one side of the engine bay......thats always fun...carbon monoxide poisoning.....thats fun too

BTW i was around in the 70s,ford had the boss 429(made of unobtanium)unless you were very well off.the only engine really comparable was the chevy aluminum zl-1 which was every bit as fast as the boss.what you failed to mention was the superbird with the hemi or 440. this car had the first wing on a production vehicle and i imagine is what all the ricers are trying to pay homage to almost 40 years later.it was fast enough that nascar restricted the superbird and dodge daytona to 305 cubes so the other makes had a chance.ford had an aero car in the works but only 2 were built before nascar changed the rules to make the factory aero cars go away due to too much speed.most of the muscle on the street was 400 and 454 g.m. big blocks,a lot of 390 fords (a few 427,428,and 429s)BTW on the street the 428 was faster than the boss 429 as the boss heads flowed too much air and were peaky,high rpm machines.the 1968 mustang 428 cars still own records in stock eliminator(drags) today.but dont take my word for it,look it up.

Archived