ummmm, please help

chargedxtreme

alright, i ordered a obd-0 motor from jazzproparts. came in the mail, installed the motor, didnt do the wiring yet. now im doin the wring , come to find out, i cant. with out help that is, because they sent me an obd-1 motor, and an obd-0 ecu. Can someone please tell me what to do? who on here has done the crx si to obd1 swap, and what do i need to do.

You can get an adapter harness, or change the ECU.

is there a company that will send you a harness adapter with out me sending in both of my harnesses? Am i correct in saying that this is a good thing? having that motor compared to the obd-0?

take apart your obd0 ecu. take the socket(the piece that the plugs go into) out of the obd0 ecu(unsaulder or rip your choice dont damage the metal pins inside they are needed).

now you find out what each wire of each conector that plugs into the ecu is for. plug the connectors into your blank socket you have now with nothing but the inch long metal pins sticking out that used to go through the circuit board. now you need plugs that feed your new ecu with length enough of wire to work with of course(the plugs that feed your new ecu). now you need to know exactly what each wire that feeds your new ecu is for , and connect them using butt connectors to those metal pins on the back of your empty socket , that correspond to what you need.

there ya go for those who didnt know , do it yourself OBD conversion. its simple. nothing needed but a socket out of the ecu you dont need. its not so cut and dry though , the big sensor on the back of the pre 92 cars is not needed , so on , couple changes here and there , im not listing them all but its easy to find this info.

for all those who paid hundreds for a conversion harness thats all you had to do.

Archived