Question

SolLesHonda

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it can still fly. I'll eventually do the B20, but why not build the head of the motor I have now, get a good setup and run 14's.

Depends on the price of the wheels SSR has, but most likely do motor.

I am going to need new tires very soon. Instead of buying new tires for the rims I have now, I am going to buy 15" Rota Slips in silver with polished lip. Everyone has bronze or gold now, so I want a little different.

The best thing you can do for your handling is tires.

If he gets wheels, he gan maybe go +2 and have 7 inch wide wheesl.He can get a 205/40 so he will have a bigger footprint for traction, launches, etc, and will have less of a sidewall, Less of a sidewall means a stiffer sidewall, which would give better handling.

a d15 is not a 14 second motor with just headwork and a cam..

but fine.. do what you want.

you already have a b20 anyways... idk why you would want to build a tiny engine when you can put money into the one you will swap later on. power hungry motha frackaa

Why do people always think that a wider wheel will create better handling. A 205 wide tire is going to be 205 mm wide whether it's on a 6" wide rim or a 7" wide rim. The only difference is the angle of the sidewall. The only reason to get a wider rim for handling is if you are going to put on a tire that is too wide to fit the smaller width of rim. Oh, and 205/45 is the proper size tire for a 16" on a Del Sol.

Im not saying wider wheels do it, wider tires do, I know you can fit a 205 on a 6 inch wide wheel and a 7 inch wide one. But If he had a 7 inch wide wheel he could potentially fit wider than a 205.

On the calculator I used, for a 16 inch wheel, 205/40 is less than one percent bigger than the factory del Sol wheels and tires.

A 7" wheel versus 6.5" wheel both with a 205 tire, the 7" will handle better.

A D15 with built head and a semi-built trans would be in the 14's.

Archived