are you a god parent?

TLontheDL

Any christians here who are given the honor, if you see it as an honor, to be a godfather/godmother?? I am going to be the godfather for my little nephew in a few months. I've never attended a baptism before except for when I was baptized myself at 3 months. what procedures are involved? Do I have to recite anything?

im not sure dude but ican tell you this , i disagree with baptizing , or choosing someone elses religion for them before they are old enough to know what they are(religions) , and what they want. congrats on being god dad though.

im not sure dude but ican tell you this , i disagree with baptizing , or choosing someone elses religion for them before they are old enough to know what they are(religions) , and what they want. congrats on being god dad though.

Please do not turn this thread into a religious debate. If you really want to do so, then please open up a new thread (although it may get locked up fast, since religion is one of those sensitive debates that can only go so far).

I don't have any info for you either, TL. I was never baptized, nor were my nieces or my nephew. And another congrats on being chosen as a god parent.

I am one, and I have been to many baptisms. The priest will ask you something, and he even tells you the answer before hand. It's easy.

did you have to go to a rehearsal or something?? im starting to not want to do this lol Also if anything happens to the parents, im responsible in taking care of the kid. I can barely take care of myself.. :dry:

TL: Congrats man, im the godfather parent to my niece. Its pretty simple its pretty much a typical mass session, just at the end all the kids that are being baptised come up to the front and the god parents come up with the parents and they ask you are you willing and what not and of course you say yes. After that you get a candle for the ceremony and a letter from the church saying congrats and you are now labeled as "TL tha god fatha"

Archived