Intake Manifold

Intense and annoying problem.

motor- d16 y8

I had a Venom intake manifold for a d series block. It had a slight manufacturer defect so I took it off to put my old stocky back on. There really hasn't been too much done to the motor so the issue isn't really about the new one.

I put my old one back on, all the hoses look right......logically they all go with the direction and flow....but apparently I'm wrong. I have done this plenty before so it's not like I just put hoses to whatever. So, I get everything back on (replaced the gasket as well). Now I turn the car over and it revs up to 5k and holds, burns white, and sounds muffled (similar to what a disconnected MAFS would sound like....). Obviously, coolant is going where it does not need to be. BUT EVERYTHING LOOKS RIGHT!!!!!!!!! I see no vacuum lines not attached.

I have a hose that goes from underneath the manifold that goes to the sensor on the back of the intake manifold next to the throttle body. From there, another that goes to the bottom of the throttle body. From there, a hose to the bypass thing that where coolant is.......like.....right there on the intake manifold where it bolts to the block. There is a hose running to the drier er w/e.....the ac thing lol.....and it is coming from up there by the fuel rail. I know for certain my fuel lines are right. there is a vacuum line from my fuel pressur regulator to the manifold and another vacuum line that runs to the very back of the manifold and another hose that goes back there and it definitely can only go to that one back there lol.

If anything in that last paragraph sounds wrong pllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssseee enligten me. Maybe there is something else????

If needed I can send photo's

I appreciate your help

Thanks,

Dave

i almost wanna say that you have some lines for the IAC valve mixed up, but i could be way wrong, but thats the only thing that i could think of that would even remotely cause coolant to go into the intake mani, but yet again i could be WAY off, i know there are coolant lines going to it on a h22, but not sure about a d16, i wasnt working on that part when we put mine on so i dont remember, but my buddy did just have a coolant leak coming from his IAC that i fixed on sunday, so it is a possibility, best bet, get a helms and make sure every line is going where it should

if something goes wrong with that mani, and if your interested i have a jdm intake mani from a d16a minus throttle body and some hardware that i needed for my skunk2 one, but if you need it i will sell it

one of the hoses that goes through your throttle body has coolant flowing through it , sounds like you got that mixed up with a vacuum line. cause high idle means major vacuum leak in most cases. and its obviously burning anitfreeze.

one of the hoses that goes through your throttle body has coolant flowing through it , sounds like you got that mixed up with a vacuum line. cause high idle means major vacuum leak in most cases. and its obviously burning anitfreeze.

its a possibility.....i just am not really sure as to which one for certain....another thing i thought perhaps is the gasket that i bought or just i didnt take enough time to make sure there werent pieces of the old gasket left on the block.....perhaps it isnt snug enough hence both a vacuum leak and also coolant from the bypass going into the cylinder............not cool

i appreciate your help everyone.....if you think of anything else let me know......im bout to back outside and mess with it right now

if his head gasket was leaking that bad i dont think it would run well enough to hit 5k , lol. maybe though , never seen that prolem in a honda.

Thank you all for your help.

I took the gasket back off for the last time and it made itself apparent...faulty gasket. Although it was brand new I guess that means nothing! Anyway, funny how something like six dollars can almost put you under near a grand...isn't it funny how that works?!??

Anyhow, I got the manifold back on and am getting my Venom one machined. If anybody might be interested in a OEM D16y8 intake manny I will have no use for it after I get my Venom back. I will prolly sell it for uber cheap. Contact me at buggman26@excite.com about it.

Once again thanks guys.

Archived