will an h22a DOHC VTEC motor fit in a del sol?

hondasrule2006

I am looking to buy a del sol with no motor, trans, or ECU. I want to put an H22a swap in it but i need to know if it will fit and what mods to the drive shaft, and axles will i have to do? anyone who has tried this swap, (successful or unsuccessful) please help me.

if you've never done a swap before then I'd recommend not trying it. it fits, but it isn't just a direct swap. the suspension needs to be replaced, and it handles like crap. just try to put in the original motor or find a del sol VTEC

if you've never done a swap before then I'd recommend not trying it. it fits, but it isn't just a direct swap. the suspension needs to be replaced, and it handles like crap. just try to put in the original motor or find a del sol VTEC

how about the b18 gsr motor? i dont want to do too much modifications.

here's your h22 plan put into perspective, my buddy has one(its actually for sale if anyones interested) intake exhaust as mods, he ran a 14.2 at the track, but yea if anyones interested in a h22 del sol, lemme know

how about the b18 gsr motor? i dont want to do too much modifications.

It's not a direct swap, but it will be a lot easier than the axle-breaker.

you should post that in the classifieds. with a price.

b18C1 is a better idea imo for a del sol. I dont think its that hard, I've seen 2 in town with a b18c1. one has a blown tranny

i would but its not my car, if i remember correctly he said he was gonna put it on ebay soon, someone was eyeing it arouund here so he was waiting, hes sellin it to get a zc crx n turbo it

Do the H22, you will be glad you did, there is a guy around here that did an H22 swap into his gutted EG hatch and he took it to the track stock and it ran low 13's.

a hatch is not a del sol. they are much lighter. y friend just swapped a d16z6 into his and gutted it, he's running a 15 flat.

From the few Del Sol's that are in town, there was a guy that had gone to my high school that had performed the swap himself since he's a mechanic. I don't really know him, but a buddy of mine was telling me about it. It's fast as hell without any mods (of course you'll have to do some suspension work afterwords) but I'm pretty sure the h22 will put out a little less than 200 horses. K swaps are hella expensive. Might as well just go out and buy an s2000 ;) Honda doesn't just give out the most power per cylinder for nothing

a b16 is 160 hp and an h22 is 200 hp. in a 2.2L, the 160 has better hp/L. a b18c1 is 180 hp, is it really worth that much more work and more weight for 20 more hp? just bolt-ons can get you that, some headwork or something. and it will handle better too. I've heard that h22 sols handle like crap. you guys can say all you like about how its not that much heavier, but with that weight all on the front wheels it makes quite a difference. whatever, its your car.

You're not just paying more money for 20 hp. If that's what you think, then you have never driven a GSR compared to a B16. The torque curve alone is a lot better. The motor has more potential. Overall, a much better motor in every aspect. Better for NA, better for boost.

Archived