preparing for a race

Stil

he didnt say track did he nimrod. but thanks for your insight , go grind some gears since its so normal. and theres so many variables your talking about there its silly , who drives better , who runs better gear , tires , components , so on. not so cut and dry.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This entire thread is about track. Your the dumbass trying to twist it into drag racing since you don't know a f*cking thing about track.

If you tracked, you'd know that about 70% of all Ferrari owners don't drive for crap.

Dude, Cranny, you are being such a hypocrite. (sp?)

You say experience is everything. Do you track? Man, this is just a case where you are losing. How can you tell me that a 210whp NA won't beat a 300whp boosted car? We were never talking about running 1/4.

Oh yeah.... torque wins races? So then that 03 Cobra I rolled at Summit Point should have been able to beat me? I mean, it is a S/C V8 and I only have 103btq...

Dude, Cranny, you are being such a hypocrite. (sp?)

You say experience is everything. Do you track? Man, this is just a case where you are losing. How can you tell me that a 210whp NA won't beat a 300whp boosted car? We were never talking about running 1/4.

first of all solles , im not a hypocrite. when i said what i said , i thought the guy was talking drag. and to SSR , if your saying you beat him on a circuit track with like i said MANY corners for him to slow down for(or he just cant drive a sharp stick into a pigs ass) , than im not disputing that , im sure you wouldnt lie about it.

like i said i thought he was talking drag i never even clicked on his link , lol , but still i dont think 12,000 is enough , specially if he says the guy can drive. my advice would be to convinve the guy to drag race instead , youd have a better chance. you must admit SSR , big difference in outhandling a stang than it is a ferrari. the car is built with racing technology , and comes stock with what are they like 350 horse? although like you said power dont always mean anything when it comes to circuit , but big difference between stang and ferrari dude , lol

ok guys, i did some reserch and these are the specs of the car

2004 Ferrari 360 Modena Performance & Efficiency Standard Features

-3,586 cc 3.6 liters V 8 mid engine with 85 mm bore, 79 mm stroke, 11 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and five valves per cylinder

-Premium unleaded fuel 91

-Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 16 and EPA city (mpg): 11

-Multi-point injection fuel system

-25.1 gallon main premium unleaded fuel tank

-Power: 298 kW , 400 HP SAE @ 8,500 rpm; 275 ft lb , 373 Nm @ 4,750 rpm ( is ther anyway for honda to make even 300+ bhp, and what about torque)

can the EG6 be modified to even near whats on the list, i am begining to think not, no matter how good of a honda tuner many ppl may think to believe... the most useful advice is from pballer with the power to weight ratio...

2004 Ferrari 360 Modena Handling, Ride & Braking Standard Features

-Four-wheel ABS ( honda falls short)

-Four disc brakes including four ventilated discs

-Electronic brake distribution ( over hondas head)-Electronic traction control via engine management ( this is something you cant add to honda, so already at disadvantage.)

-Limited slip differential

-Responsive suspension ( honda again defeated)

-Spacesaver steel rim internal spare wheel

-Wishbone front and rear suspension independent with stabilizer bar and coil springs

2004 Ferrari 360 Modena Exterior & Aerodynamics Standard Features

-Coefficient of drag: 0.36 (interesting)

-External dimensions: overall length (inches): 176.3, overall width (inches): 75.8, overall height (inches): 47.8, wheelbase (inches): 102.4, front track (inches): 65.7, rear track (inches): 63.7 and curb to curb

turning circle (feet): 35.4

-Weights: curb weight (lbs) 3,197

well pyro , i doubt hes lying about beating the stang , although i think what kind of stang it was hes got confused , although 100 lbs aint much , it got the job done in that case. im impressed actually SSR that you pulled that off man , thats somin.

It was a Cobra. Next session after I passed him he got black flagged because he wouldn't let me by.

You don't need power to beat a Ferrari. Make yourself a good driver and make sure your car is balanced. If your friend is stupid enough to try this, he has screwed himself for the rest of his tracking life.

I saw a race of a 500+ hp Cobra getting pulled on by a 197whp Civic with a 55 shot.. lmao

In a straight line, a Civic could take a Ferrari with some work. I don't see that as very tough. Actually, with 12k, just buy a ZX-14 and spend a few weeks learning how to launch. 8 second quarters stock sound fast enough? That kid will pee his pants for the next week.

Around the track, it would take a few months to get the right balance down. First of all, the Ferrari's brakes are like, 10000x better than a Civics. Honda brakes fade like no other. It might be less noticable on the lighter Civic, but it my car.. no way in hell I could even come close to a 360 at high speed stops. Then there's the balance.. a MR car vs a FF car? Come on. Then the grip. Much wider tires all the way around.. I just don't see it. In a straight line, go for it. But around a track.. forget it.

SSR, why would he screw himself over "for the rest of his tracking life"? It sounds like you're being a little dramatic.

If you run good pads and and ducts brakes won't fade. Driving an over-prepared car when you have very little or no experience, and doing it without an instructor will teach you bad habits. Most of the time these are unbreakable unless you have deep pockets.

LoL i think you should just save you 12,000... the 360 can pull almost a full g before spin out .96 on a skidpad....

even with all you suspension mods, engine work, and what ever you please i still doubt you be able to match ferrari's performance.

just swallow your pride and keep the 12 grand

Ferrari 360 Modena

0-60: 4.2

0-100: 10.2

1/4 mile: 12.8 @ 112.5 mph

Top speed: 189 mph

Skidpad: 0.96g

Slalom: 67.4 mph

Braking 60-0: 110 ft

In my humble opinion, a car is a car is a car.

I don't care if you spent 500k or 5k on it. If you put in the wrench time and install complimentary reputable/proven parts (honda parts galore out there) and get some tuning time for the suspension and motor and gear your drivetrain right, you can hang with anyone if you can keep it on the track.

My personal preference for the basics:

Motor built for boost, D series, B series, K series, work with what you have

Smaller turbo for quicker spool-up with gear dependant boost control

3" Exhaust all the way down

Adjustable coilovers and shocks with the right diameter sway bars front and rear

Strong tranny with a good gear ratio and LSD

Reputable big disk brake kit with steel braided lines

Fat and lightweight 14-15" wheels

Gut anything nonessential, get it tuned, get some track time and dial in the suspension, you'll be fine.

And yes SSR, before you say it, I don't know anything just like the rest of these guys...

Good luck bro

A car is not a car, otherwise there would only be one make and model, so that was a dumb comment.

Second, your advice is somewhat typical. Also you say get coilovers with shocks. True coilovers don't use shocks, the strut is actually part of the "coil". Big brake kits aren't needed, but the SS lines won't hurt. If you are going to track it, I personally think NA is best, or SC.

In my humble opinion, a car is a car is a car.

I don't care if you spent 500k or 5k on it. If you put in the wrench time and install complimentary reputable/proven parts (honda parts galore out there) and get some tuning time for the suspension and motor and gear your drivetrain right, you can hang with anyone if you can keep it on the track.

My personal preference for the basics:

Motor built for boost, D series, B series, K series, work with what you have

Smaller turbo for quicker spool-up with gear dependant boost control

3" Exhaust all the way down

Adjustable coilovers and shocks with the right diameter sway bars front and rear

Strong tranny with a good gear ratio and LSD

Reputable big disk brake kit with steel braided lines

Fat and lightweight 14-15" wheels

Gut anything nonessential, get it tuned, get some track time and dial in the suspension, you'll be fine.

And yes SSR, before you say it, I don't know anything just like the rest of these guys...

Good luck bro

thanks man, the only positive response and good luck note, nuff respect , zeen...

everyone is just basing on well my friend can drive, when the thread is not about that but rather tips and tricks to point us inthe right direction, as i have been told "hondaforums" is good place to get detailed info, ,but from the looks of it, SSR seems to want to rain on my parade , but doesnt really help a situation, not mad at you dude, but you just dominate the thread with hot air, man listening to you, would make ppl commit suicide... if they didnt know better...

"LoL i think you should just save you 12,000... the 360 can pull almost a full g before spin out .96 on a skidpad....

even with all you suspension mods, engine work, and what ever you please i still doubt you be able to match ferrari's performance.

just swallow your pride and keep the 12 grand "

we never swallow pride, because we never want to have to spit it back out again...

Ferrari 360 Modena

0-60: 4.2

0-100: 10.2

1/4 mile: 12.8 @ 112.5 mph

Top speed: 189 mph

Skidpad: 0.96g

Slalom: 67.4 mph

Braking 60-0: 110 ft"

from i drop the figures about the ferrari and now some figs from backyard, i would like to know if the tuning of the honda can even come close to performance.

btw, i dont know how you guys do it in the states, but here when we track days we have an instructor with us, (if you choose) and he tells you where to clip the apex, entry speeds, exit speeds, and all the racing lines of the paticular track, study it, doing this now for a few months constant, but on and off for like 3 yrs, its too risky to speed on the roads because of GATSO'S everywhere, ,and you can lose your license in a blink of an eye. so could every one stop jumping to conclusions about driving ability, the ferrari guy is a better drive , because hes been doing a bit longer and in the lotus elise (time trial) he beat jasons time by 2.23 seconds, and he could also book more track days.

we have raced for pink slips, and this is why we have about 12 k to spend, we won and sold a ford cossie. we do this for the fun of it, not to show off and brag, we like competition... if we win great... if we lose, theres always tommorow...

Archived