preparing for a race

Stil

the last post i made was about tuning culture, the reason i brought it up was a friend of mine has an EG6 95 model. and he has been insulted as make shift burger flipping dreamer who has to compensate, just to go fast and get laid.

the dude who insulted him is a total rich kid, 25 and drives his dad 360, a good driver i must add. but he is really condescending and shows off big time he evens throws in some racial enuendos.

the thing to really kick it off was tht dic ( not real name) spat on Jasons honda bonnet. now it could have ended ugly, as the repair costs of ferraris are horrendous.

bottom line, ,he wants to take him for a race known as track days here, BrandsHatch

so he wanted to tune his car to take out this ferrari, its this or some petrol and some matches, we are a humble ppl,

if any of you guys could help, it would be great, btw he has within the region of £7000 pounds, which equates to roughly $12,000, we will be doing all the work ourselves, car will be strppied down to shell and rebuilt.

any suggestions appreciated, it you all think its suicide we will stick to other means of resolving this small but personal matter.

thank you.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny UK people...

12k would cover an engine and international shipping.

i thought a car was more than an engine, but apparently not in your case, thanks though, btw i am not uk.

You sound like it.

Do all you want to make the car handle better, it won't make your friend better. So in the end he will be just as pathetic as the guy compensating with the Ferrari.

You sound like it.

Do all you want to make the car handle better, it won't make your friend better. So in the end he will be just as pathetic as the guy compensating with the Ferrari.

thank you for the moral support displaying your kind nature and great interest in our well being, but all i am asking for is some advice pertaining the tuning of an EG6 not looking for any kind of Mr Rogers advice note, so if you dont mind could you keep it Honda...

thanks

You missed the point. Anything you do to make the car able to beat a Ferrari on track, your friend won't be able to handle.

and why is that? all i want are some known good modification lists for the EG6, its not about my friend, its about tuning the car, we will worry what he can handle from what he cant...

so any suggestions ?

People will never learn...

do things have to be this difficult, i missed the point, and u never pointed it out, what do you expect ? but no probs, i see yor like this with all your posts so its no surprise...

Point is your friend isn't experienced. If he makes the car fast enough to beat the Ferrari, he won't be able to handle it.

It's like putting a amateur kite flyer in a 747 and telling him to fly it through a storm.

Point is your friend isn't experienced. If he makes the car fast enough to beat the Ferrari, he won't be able to handle it.

It's like putting a amateur kite flyer in a 747 and telling him to fly it through a storm.

ok i got that

hey listen, if ppl always doubted themselves they wont have any girlfriends because they will always be too afraid to go and talk to the nice looking woman across the way , because they think they're ugly. Jason believes he can do this, and by all means i believe he can, everyone needs to start from somewhere and this is his. he is willing to step forward.

Maybe no one never made snide remarks at you , for doing the best you can, in his case (flipping burgers for the time being) and spitting on your bonnett and humiliating you.

now i dodnt say Jason was an inexperienced driver, but (dic) could have afforded to book more track days than he could have, so try and understand the situation, if he loses then so it goes, but at least he tried...

any ideas ??

what are you there dad SSR? why do you give a fuk about that , and make yourself sound like an assh*le. either answer the guys fukin question or shut up its simple. who cares if he racks it in the wall. you know dude. like cmon. if hes talking about a 360 modena than 12,000 aint enough to make it beat that car. maybe close with a top notch driver but i still doubt it.

what are you there dad SSR? why do you give a fuk about that , and make yourself sound like an assh*le. either answer the guys fukin question or shut up its simple. who cares if he racks it in the wall. you know dude. like cmon. if hes talking about a 360 modena than 12,000 aint enough to make it beat that car. maybe close with a top notch driver but i still doubt it.

so he's commiting suicide then...

If you fully build the engine.. get 30 psi out of it.. get a traction bar, some slicks, and gut the interior, you have a shot at it.

It's a slim shot, and you might be able to pull it of.. but hey, what the hell. Atleast by the end of it he has a kick ass Civic.

i really do see ssr's point, being that he knwos nothing about this, you can just jump into building a super civic, it takes time, planning, not something you can do in a month, yet even longer, cant just throw parts together and say YAY i have a fast car, no doesnt work like that, you have to spend alot of time researching(google works GREAT, *hint, hint*) as for beating a 360, prolly gonna take more than 12k, unless done right with everything the first time. best bet is that if he spits on it again, beat his arse, or slash some tires(not sayin to do that just sayin better possibility)

If he is getting but hurt over someone calling him names and spitting on his hood then he has some problems...

He can't use slicks. He'll kill himself with them.

He can't have a lot of power, he'll put his car in a wall.

He can't do a nice suspension setup, he won't be able to drive it.

All he needs to do is get a lot of seattime, then go from there.

Ferrari's are relatively easy to beat. It can be done with under 200whp if you're a decent driver.

i bet you could beat him in a straight line. ever heard of an arial atom? its basically a 300 hp go kart. it beat a 650hp porche carrera gt. its all about power to weight. porche carrera is just over 3000 lbs, around 430hp per ton, and the atom weighs under 1000 lbs, over 600hp per ton. plus the ariel only cost about $50K vs a $1 million porche. honda civ weighs just over 2300lbs so if you can build your car up over like 300 hp and strip it down a couple hundren pounds you'd prolly do pretty damn good, btw the 360 weighs just over 2800 lbs and has 400 hp, 285hp per ton. good luck getting it there though, and that's if your doing a straight line drag. if your doing a circuit then ur up crap creek cuz ferrari knows what they are doing when it comes to track racing. i've seen a ford gt, pagani zonda, and ferrari 360 go up into the moutnains and the ferrari smoked them both.

"Dude, what are you people talking about? 12K in a hatch would easily be able to beat the ferrari. I mean: 2K in suspension (max), And build the rest of the motor. Easily done. Screw boost. Go NA."

-Solles right next to me

yo 99 thanks for the advice, why would you go with N/A as opposed to boost ? and what size rims would you run ?

pballer, i will look into power to weight ratios, thanks dude

SSR, i see where your coming from in terms of not being able to handle the car, but all i seeing, is "crash, run into a wall, kill himself" man you are one negative dude, and the passion in which you type is kinda deep. man lay off those juju plums, or take a closer look at the women you might be sleeping with, the energy your pushing aint right dude.

"If he is getting but hurt over someone calling him names and spitting on his hood then he has some problems...

He can't use slicks. He'll kill himself with them.

He can't have a lot of power, he'll put his car in a wall.

He can't do a nice suspension setup, he won't be able to drive it."

now your missing the point, if he was that sensitive, he would be a serial killer, and not crunchy nut, he always wanted to build his car up, because no one really has an EG6 set up over here, he got it for like £450 off this woman, oh and i dont know why you get the impression he is not an experienced enough driver... (was big into 125cc kart racing)

anyways thanks for the replies guys,

another thing i saw in someones signature, not sure where, it said "horse power sells cars, ,torque wins races" how true is this statement ?

a 650hp porche carrera gt.

a $1 million porche.

honda civ weighs just over 2300lbs so if you can build your car up over like 300 hp and strip it down a couple hundren pounds you'd prolly do pretty damn good,

Yes, you would, but a couple hundred is a lot of weight.

btw the 360 weighs just over 2800 lbs

for one thing a 210 hp N/A honda is not touching a 300 boosted of the same car sorry. and if you think 12,000 is enough to make to make a civic beat a ferrari you guys live in a dream world. i mean i love hondas too but cmon now now your getting silly. but on the other hand with more money , you could get a civic to beat a 360 , stay away from F series and maranellos though , lol

Pretty true. A civic with 210whp NA would beat most 300whp Turbo'd civics. Not about how much power, but how and where you make it.

its a little bit about that . its more so power to weight ratio combined with gearing. when it comes to V-8 power , torque wins races is absolutely true.

Again, shut the f*ck up cranny. You don't track. I do.

12k into a Civic that already has good brakes and engine would beat a Ferrari if you can drive decent. 200whp na beats 300whp turbo on track. Case in point, ITR Expo 6. Chris F has around 310whp boosted in his R. Wai has right at 200whp (ex-Spoon race car). Wai was beating Chris by half a second.

100 pounds saves .5 seconds on track.

Archived