what engine oil to use?>?

cyruslam

Same here. I've only gotten to about page 50 but it basically taught me how to research the best oils and what to look for. After that research, AMSOIL is hands down the winner and redline would probably be my second choice. I wouldn't buy Royal Purple because they won't release any info about their additive's package and if it was really as good as they claim then they would want to release it so knowledgable people would know for a fact.

I'm not saying that Royal Purple isn't potentially a great oil, just that nobody knows for sure, since they won't release the ingredients of their additive package. I would rather be sure than to take a chance. Plus AMSOIL was about ranked about 3 times higher on every oil test done by various independent testing agencies. This includes the 4 ball wear test. One place analized AMSOIL with 10,000 miles on it and found it still had better lubricating than Mobil 1 synthetic with 0 miles.

like i said to yas before , your victims of the consumer world(look back ive said it many times). you think they spend millions of dollars on what fluids make thier gear last the longest for nothing? same as putting anything but either 10W30 oil or honda MTF in your manual trans. just a stupid thing to do. the old proverb ," if it aint broke , dont fix it"

plus on the API seal on the back of the bottle of any oil that is rated by API(american petroleum institute) , there is a rating besides weight of the oil. its 2 letters. youl learn prolly from that book. SH , so on youl see.

Are you talking to me? I'm hardly a victim of the consumer world. I've read dozens on independent tests and researches to come to my conclusion to make sure I'm not a victim of the consumer world. I've done my homework to find the best product.

not you monkey ive talked to you enough now to realize your not a dummy , lol. when you selling me that car again?haha. im looking at a 98 GSR right now hung dont know if im gonna be able to get it though. 178,000 kms(115 miles approx.). also ive found a stellar car hung im phsyced , an 85 year old just died , and left his 95 GSR that he bought new , with 120,000 kms(65,000 miles approx) on it , to his 80 year old wife who has no idea what she got and no use for it. ill keep you posted.

im not sure 100% , but i think its one of the 2 years leather came in them? 94-95? anyways pretty excited. OBD1 GSR ready for mods with low low mileage. woohooo

I'd sell it to you know, but doubt that you'd be willing to pay what I'd have to get out of it. That would be awesome if you got that car from the old lady for cheap. Sometimes those are the best deals. I knew a guy who bought a Selmer Mark VIII saxophone from a lady for like $300.00 after her husband died and she didn't know what it was worth (about $5,000). Keep me posted on that car though. That could be a cheap starter car.

i never said it was faster from the dealer boys , lol , oh my , i said its the best platform to start with meaning for tuning , and mods.

Archived