civic seats

seeanew

Hi Y'all,

I could use some advice about seats for 1986 Civic Hatchback. I have standard 5-speed DX with115K miles on it which I bought cheaply and I'd like to get cleaned up and looking good again. It is "champagne beige," with a beige/brown interior in fair to poor shape. The body is in good to excellent shape with very minimal damage and no rust, but it has some substantial sunburn. It runs beautifully with 35mpg city and 41mpg on the road. Can someone tell me what Civic seats, on tracks like I can find in salvage yards, are a simple bolt in? I'd like to know if only 84-87 liftback seats will fit, or will all Civic seats from those years fit by simply unscrewing four bolts and bolting in a new set. Or will other years or model seats fit exactly? I live close to L.A. and can go to salvage yards. Anyone got a suggestion? Anyone know a cheap way to paint it?

Many thanks,

Glenn

all seats should fit in there. just the bolts like u said.

Hi 99,

Are you "sure" all Civic seats will work or do you think they all "should" fit? I don't want to go to a salvage yard and hunt for a decent set of seats, then yank them out and pay for them, only to find out that they don't actually fit. There are some really beautiful seats for later years, as well. Do you see my problem? Basically, I don't want to pay for something which will not fit. Many thanks for your reply.

Glenn

Hi 99,

Are you "sure" all Civic seats will work or do you think they all "should" fit? I don't want to go to a salvage yard and hunt for a decent set of seats, then yank them out and pay for them, only to find out that they don't actually fit. There are some really beautiful seats for later years, as well. Do you see my problem? Basically, I don't want to pay for something which will not fit. Many thanks for your reply.

Glenn

They *should* all fit, but it is Honda, so chances are they won't fit. Check out hondaautomotiveparts.com or call up a local Honda dealership and check the part numbers on the seats/rails for a couple of models.

• 1 year later...

yes only from 84 to 87 will fit perfect i have a 86 civic SI HB and only they will fit perfect but i am also wondering if the 88 crx head lights would fit on a 86 civic si

Archived