2007 Honda CR-V

ugly as hell.

the back looks like the Volvo SUV and the front looks like it's smiling or something....hideous.

And yet, people will still buy it.

• 1 month later...

The 2007 Honda CR-V has been officially announced. Looks like the rumors of a more USDM-friendly front design were just that. BOOOO!

HON2006082969154_pv.jpg

HON2006082969367_pv.jpg

HON2006082969548_pv.jpg

HON2006082969120_pv.jpg

*oh whatever happened to focus groups?!* Looks like this'll go the way of the current Accord...

• 1 month later...

Looks like Honda is taking a page out of the Element and made this snazzy concept for SEMA:

HON2006103149152_pv.jpg

HON2006103149388_pv.jpg

HON2006103149275_pv.jpg

Sport Concept CR-V

Following the theme of "urban sport," the Sport Concept CR-V is designed to increase the athletic feel of the already sophisticated CR-V. Highlights include aerodynamically styled front and rear bumpers along with a sports suspension package that lowers the Sport Concept CR-V for a customized presence. Custom 19-inch wheels are shod with Bridgestone Potenza tires (245/45R19). Interior modifications focus on the creation of a high-tech, performance-oriented driving environment with the addition of Civic Si synthetic suede fabric on the seating surfaces. Carbon fiber trim panels further accent the interior. Outside, the Sport Concept CR-V is painted in Agile Blue.

Hmmm...doesn't look as "out there" as when the CR-V debuted...

I don't think it's that bad. My friend's parents ordered one a couple weeks ago so I'll tell you first hand what it's like. Should be comin in this week.

That 'sport concept' is similar to the Mugen concept I saw a while back. If they put the turbocharged RDX motor in that I'd hit it.

No wonder it looks familiar...this stuff came out of Honda Japan's parts bins. Right on down the standard HIDs...

01_u_1ph.jpg

It's sold in Japan under the Modulo accesories brand...similar to HFP here in the States.

• 4 weeks later...

I've owned one for 1 month and love it. I think that it is nice looking, especially better than the old CRV looks.. :)

So this is what the close sibling of the RDX is going to be?

http://paultan.org/archives/2006/06/30/200...-cr-v-spyshots/

Geez, what was Honda thinking? You would think they'd have consumer groups before releasing this thing to the public.

• 2 weeks later...
I've owned one for 1 month and love it. I think that it is nice looking, especially better than the old CRV looks.. :)

Indeed, the final product sold here in the states looks a lot nicer than the pictures in this thread from this past summer. I might be in the market for one; my wife doesn't like the Element, and we need something with four doors.

• 2 months later...

Archived