Pballer2005 Posted July 10, 2006 Share Posted July 10, 2006 i've got my factory head unit in my 99 civic ex. its the single compact disc with am/fm and antitheft crap and "premium" sound. i've got a 460 watt amp and 300 watt sub wired to it. everything has been working fine for a while now. earlier today i was rocking out then there was a click and everything was quiet. the radio was still on, the amp was on and not overheating, i could still hear the cd spinning in the player and it said it was still playing. i played with the volume and every other button you could think of, checked all fuses, removed the head unit and checked the wiring, reset the radio, everything looked fine. BUT, when i pulled the radio out and grabbed the metal backing i nearly burnt the skin off my hand. i figiured that it overheated and needed a chance to cool, so after about 30 min with vent blowing over the radio i put it all back together and it still doesn't work. i dunno what the hell is wrong and its pissing me off. i'm really close to having enough money for a new head unit but in the mean time i really want to listen to music. HELP!!!! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.