roof leaks

redcoats1976

have had my sol about 3 years ,up till now i have only had minor leaks but it seems to have gotten worse lately.(as in if i leave it parked outside in a storm half the seat gets soaked)i did a forum search and only came up with 2 related topics in the last 180 days including one that said it was an easy fix but did not get specific.i plan on keeping the car at least a few years and would like to know what the fix is.thanks in advance for any help.

I was pretty sure they had something for that on www.teamdelsol.com but it seems their site is down right now.

I also think I read the easy fix and it just involves tightening a few screws so that the targa top fits more snugly as the roof of your car. I'll look for the article and see if I can find it.

Heres a thread where BDS posted info about tightening the top to make it more water-tight and also stiffen your chassis:

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showt...=14118&st=0

Just scroll down. It's there.

thanks john.not sure if this will work as it leaks on the sides of the roof towards the front but not the front or rear.i may be looking at the seals for the left and right sides of the roof if they are available...or is this mod actually what will fix the waterfall...

I dunno what results you'll be looking at from it, as I've never done it. My sol is a 95, so it's the first year with fixed seals in the roof. Once you do get it all working properly, be sure to post something for future reference to all us kids. Thanks and good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Man i understand how frustrating a leak is. I took the sunroof outta my rex and replaced the top w/ a stock HF roof. now i have a decent leak in the rear that come out where the hatch cylinders mount to the body. It's quite disturbing. But yea, replace all the rubbers and see what happens...anyone got n e ideas for me? The top i put on, i sealed w/ silicone after tack welding it. and i also put the stock rubbers on. so someone let me know. thanks!

im hoping to squeak by just replacing the side weatherstrips as the water only comes in at the places where the roof seal meets the windshield seal.not replacing the windshield seal would put me about $150 to the good .will have to see how that works out though.

Archived