sub box

95delsol

hey guys im new to the site and i own a 95 del sol. i also own 2 12" alpine type r subs and i was hoping i could get some ideas about sub boxes. my box i have right know is too tall to fit in the trunk with the targa top. i am not afraid to make a cutom box but i didnt know if the subs would sound better in the trunk or behind the seats. i would really like to keep my type r's they are great subs but if i have to go smaller i will. imput would be greatly appreciated :D

I have type R 6.5's and I know the subs kick ass. I'm getting an s10l7 because I want to conserve trunk space, its in the mail. try slanting the box or modifying the trunk floor. I had to make a different floor for mine, it was all warped. you could just cut into it near the front and try to sink the box down some or just make a custom one.

Dude, subs aren't gay as long as you aren't cranking gay music through them. It's part of the music. Don't ignore it.

I just want this gangsta fad to get over and done with.

I'm not going to comment on that because I don't wanna start an argument over what type of music is good and what type isn't.

SolLes, are those both your cars in your sig? They look nice. Also: You still wanna hang out some time this summer? My sol isn't any prettier than it was in the pictures, but it is deffo itchin' for a road-trip.

I'm not going to comment on that because I don't wanna start an argument over what type of music is good and what type isn't.

SolLes, are those both your cars in your sig? They look nice. Also: You still wanna hang out some time this summer? My sol isn't any prettier than it was in the pictures, but it is deffo itchin' for a road-trip.

haha he wishes.. the si in the back is mine.

subs are definately not gay but they can be retarded if certain people are blaring music they shouldnt be listning to. id like to buy a box that is made for my car but im having a hard time finding one thats y i wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas or plans already made

A friend and I are fiberglassing a box for my s10l7 this sat. so I can post pics of the process if anyone is interrested. I like fiberglass boxes because they take up way less room. that thing only needs 2/3-1 c.f. of space so I can make a small sealed box.

There's nothing wrong with a system if you do it right.

The guy before me installed good Power Acoustic wiring and a crap load of Dynamat in the trunk, so the only thing I would ever consider installing would be an Alpine amp and some Type-Es, but that's way too much money for music.

Archived