moisture

Thatguyishere

so today i noticed that there is moisture and condensation building up in my tailights. whats the best way to fix this? does it mean that my seal is broken and need a new gasket? or what

thanks

oh yeah, also need to clean one of my headlights, that yellow-ish crap is building up in there, whats a good cleaning solution for them?

For the tail lights, you just need to re-seal them. You can either melt the old seal away and scrape it off, then apply a new one, or just apply a new silicone sealant on top of it. Make sure its rated for heat and stuff in case the temp is hot.

For the headlights, use some Meguiars plastic cleaner. Much easier & quicker than wet sanding.

• 4 weeks later...
yea i have moisture in my headlights... im just gonna buy new ones. there not expensive, so thats always an option for u.

I used to have a Civic and those headlights are cheap in price. But ludes are more expensive. almost everywhere i go they're always pricey, this is the only spot i can find them for under $300 per headlight brand new.

https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/j...cgry5=HEADLIGHT

I get alot of stock parts from here. very fast shipping and strait from honda. not bad for little things, if you dont want to chance it.

You don't need new headlights. Get a good plastic cleaner and if that doesn't work, get about a 2500 grit sandpaper and wetsand them. If the 2500 isn't working slowly increase the grit. When it's finally done, work your way down to a 3000 grit and then buff them really well. They'll look like new. You can hand buff them too, with the proper compound as long as you have lots of elbow grease.

Archived