exhaust?

Pballer2005

those tiny fart cans probly have no resonator or cat.

you're stupid.

anyway...I have a custom magnaflow setup on my del Sol. it would probably be really quiet if the engine was close to stock, but it's not. it's really not THAT loud and it sounds really good.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have stock headers, but i do have a big intake, and high flow cat. it was still loud even before i had the cat removed.

HEADER , lol , and stock its not a header , its a manifold. try putting a resonator on your car , it will quiet it down alot.

you still runnin LSVTEC setup BBS? i find those setups make more noise than a regular DOHC VTEC engine.

sorry about the "headers" mistake. thanks for the correction. i thought when i ordered my test pipe it was supposed to be a resonator as well. it didnt make it sound any worse, but it did make it a bit louder. i have a friend that works on exhausts and he suggested keeping my muffler and running new piping back from the cat.

could i have him add a resonator when replacing my piping? where are they added exactly, and will it make a big difference?

thanks

resonators usually come right after the cat but really you could install it anywhere you want. they are just basically a spot where the pipe is like 2 inch bigger than the rest. if you look at it while its on the car it just looks like a big bulge in the pipe. yes it should make a huge differnce. it will smooth the sound out alot and make it a little quieter. i took the resonator off once and it sounded like a lawn mower at idle. real crakley and you could hear each indiviual piston firing. sounded like an old tractor.

Archived