Which filter would you recommend

Deevel79

I have a 96 civic ex coupe. I just bought a aem short ram intake from a friend, but it came without a filter. Which filter would provide better airflow: the weapon r foam intake, or, a k&n?.

K&N makes great products, but the only problem with them is that they oil their filters, when you put it on your intake the oil is sucked into the motor and could damage sensors very easily. That happened to my o2 sensor and my check engine light came on for a long time, replaced it and everything is good now but now I just use an AEM dryflow filter.

well i use the k and n filter and no check engine light on for me... its been over a month now.

I had it on for about 3 months before the light came on.

"K&N makes great products, but the only problem with them is that they oil their filters, when you put it on your intake the oil is sucked into the motor and could damage sensors very easily. That happened to my o2 sensor and my check engine light came on for a long time, replaced it and everything is good now but now I just use an AEM dryflow filter."

do you know why there is oil on the filter????

it is suppose to help trap dust from going into your engine ... lots of filters are lightly oiled

Archived