tuning culture and possibities from a civic

Stil

Hiya guys i have read quite a bit of mags that talk about car modifications and customising, but they never tell you how much the mods cost. now from research i am begining to realise that tuning is no longer for the guy flipping burgers who wants his old banger to able to out perform like or better than a newer flasher sports car (so to speak), because the mods (D.I.Y) cost just as much as mid range porsche 911, alfa romeo and renaults.

now my question.

Is tuning just an expression of brand name parts that i can afford and you cant hence, it makes me a better tuner with enhanced credibity, because you cant afford not even the paint to start with and do manufacturers realise this and capitalise upon it in thier pricing and products ?

Is it possible to tune a civic to out perform a 360 (ferrari) in terms of handling/braking and acceleration at a fraction of the cost and when i say fraction i dont mean 7/8th rather like a 1/10th of the price. because to me this was what tuing symbolised.

Stil

Hiya guys i have read quite a bit of mags that talk about car modifications and customising, but they never tell you how much the mods cost. now from research i am begining to realise that tuning is no longer for the guy flipping burgers who wants his old banger to able to out perform like or better than a newer flasher sports car (so to speak), because the mods (D.I.Y) cost just as much as mid range porsche 911, alfa romeo and renaults.

now my question.

Is tuning just an expression of brand name parts that i can afford and you cant hence, it makes me a better tuner with enhanced credibity, because you cant afford not even the paint to start with and do manufacturers realise this and capitalise upon it in thier pricing and products ?

Is it possible to tune a civic to out perform a 360 (ferrari) in terms of handling/braking and acceleration at a fraction of the cost and when i say fraction i dont mean 7/8th rather like a 1/10th of the price. because to me this was what tuing symbolised.

Stil

you say 1/10th of the cost, but you want 1/10th of the cost from what? if you want to out perform a ferrari, then youre going to have to spend a few thousand dollars no matter what you do. or, you can do it a cheap way by slashing his tires first, on a down hill race, with a head start. jus playin on the last part, its wrong to vandalize cars.

you say 1/10th of the cost, but you want 1/10th of the cost from what? if you want to out perform a ferrari, then youre going to have to spend a few thousand dollars no matter what you do. or, you can do it a cheap way by slashing his tires first, on a down hill race, with a head start. jus playin on the last part, its wrong to vandalize cars.

1/10th of $200,000 ( which is the cost of the ferrari)

well there are a few options you can do

motor swap 3000 to 5000 and turbo it 1500 to 3000

motor swap (3000-5000) and build it for a high compression n/a motor (3500)

keep the stock motor and build it. (3500)

use the stock motor, turbo it (1500-3000) and add a shot of nitrous (800) which most people on here would hate, but hey, its your car right.

Where are you getting prices from? You can build a 92-95 hatch for HPDE's for under 15k.

You can build a Civic to beat Ferrari's on road courses for under 15k.

Where are you getting prices from? You can build a 92-95 hatch for HPDE's for under 15k.

You can build a Civic to beat Ferrari's on road courses for under 15k.

all the numbers is from what i would get at the shop i go to

Archived