stolen sol

sonnyjc3

What are you talking about? You can piece together a decent turbo setup for 2 Gs. Aren't you friends with SolLes? He always talks about how a good turbo kit that you piece together will generally run a little over 2 grand, if memory serves me correct.

Just save a little bit more and get the setup you want right off the bat. Also, talk to people like SolLes and SexyH22. They're good with turbo stuff.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok piecing it together for 2g's... but ur gonna wann get all new internals and i DOUBT he can put that crap in himself.

and your absolutely correct on that one. lmao. anyway, i went to the tune shop today, and he said just keep the b16 in the car that im going to get, he can sell me a drag kit for 3 or so and he said i can run up to 10 pounds no problem. he said the thing with the b20 is that the walls are too thin and theyll blow after a month or so, which i totally didnt know because ive heard crvtecs are built for boost; but im just a subway employee, what do i know.

and your absolutely correct on that one. lmao. anyway, i went to the tune shop today, and he said just keep the b16 in the car that im going to get, he can sell me a drag kit for 3 or so and he said i can run up to 10 pounds no problem. he said the thing with the b20 is that the walls are too thin and theyll blow after a month or so, which i totally didnt know because ive heard crvtecs are built for boost; but im just a subway employee, what do i know.

Dude, you need to read a lot more about them, before you do anything. The walls are thinner than most, but with a good tune and proper boost, you'll be fine. Don't drive like a jackass and you will be good. Build it NA though. Unless you resleeve it, it's not worth doing for boost IMO.

yea if you want to boost the b20 you are going to definately have to build it up

What do you know about B20 VTEC?

Dude, you need to read a lot more about them, before you do anything. The walls are thinner than most, but with a good tune and proper boost, you'll be fine. Don't drive like a jackass and you will be good. Build it NA though. Unless you resleeve it, it's not worth doing for boost IMO.

What do you know about B20 VTEC?

all i know about a b20 is it has like 145 hp and it has pretty good torque, and that you use the bottom end of that and the top end of another b series to do a crvtec. i dont know much about swaps other than bits and pieces of what ive heard here and what i remember from when i researched them a while ago when i actually had the money in hand to do one. i had actually heard that the crvtec is really good boosted, but the guy from the tune shop said that the walls were too thin.

sorry about your car dude. have you decided if your going to part it out? I could really use a new trunk lid and some rear speaker mounts.

i would like to part it out for main parts, like body parts, seats, panels etc, and sell the engine, wheels and chassis as a whole. because im not mechanically inclined enough to take specific engine parts apart and sell them, and i figure that way the car wont be in my drive way for 12 years. im not sure yet, it depends on how much im getting back from my insurance company and how much theyll sell the car to me, because now my main concern is to get into another del sol first.

ask around 2-300 for the motor. you can get motors with about 30k miles for around 500 i think. the targa top shouldn't be hard to sell. the lights are ruined I assume? the tails are nice I think, the suspension ok?

Eh man, sorry to hear about that. I cringed after each picture. I hate to see someone put so much money into something and some a hole comes along and ruins it. Oh well, life goes on right? It looks like everything is fine excluding the front in. Just like the other guys said, you'd benefit more from parting out the whole car. Motor, targa top, the bucket seats, maybe even take apart the aftermarket exhaust system if ya have one and sell it. Good luck man!

well the seats are in perfect condition. no rips, no tears, no stains, no lifts in the fabrics. there black on black, i really wanted the red stripes. the exhaust, was just 2.25 crushed mandrel, it sounded hella good, but i want my pipe. my friend gave it to me, and its worth a lot of money.

If you are parting it out, could I purchase your SRS Unit(airbag module)??

It's located under the dash, behind the center console. Unhook the negative and positive battery terminals and leave them unhooked for 3 min before removing it.

Thanks

what year is the car??

Archived