Help! I scwewed up!

Disturbed

I was pressure washing the inside of the hood and knocking some dirt off around the body. I tried not to get anything else wet. When I finished, I let it dry then I turned the key over and it wouldn't start. I figured maybe a little water got in the distributor, but it has been 3 days and it still wont start.

Of course, now I feel like an idiot for doing what I did, but that's water under the bridge. Any ideas on why it wont start or any suggestions on what I can do to get it running again?

Deer036.jpg

just take your dizzy off maybe and clean it out see if any water still in there. take a spark plug out and plug back in and see if it fires grounded.

if you distributor was still wet and you tried to start it...then the distributor is now dead. But if you had let it sit and let the water get out of it fully before you tried starting it then it would have been alright.

That's why my engine bay is dirty as hell. Cuz I'm afraid to do something like that if I clean it.

Good luck getting it back up and running.

Yes, I think it was wet when I started it. I pulled the plugs and it wont fire. Should I replace just the distributor cap? Rotor?

Not really.. you have to pay, what.. $115-150 for a new Del Sol dizzy?

That's not too bad.. I mean, you did spray water on something that absolutely hates water..

TS John -- don't be afraid to clean it, just don't run massive amounts of water on you motor like this guy did. I used WD-40 and a rag... cleans well and makes it shine a little.

Archived