06 SI

...WillSI06...

Hey all i am a noob to honda engine's for the most part ive been in a 2001 Type- R and that crap was fast. I own a 2006 Civic Si how does this motor compare to a type - r motor the specs are almost the same i think the SI has the edge horsepower wize. Well anyway does this engine have the same Potential as a type - r engine or is this a stupid question and the SI motor is just as good ??

It hasn't been proven very well yet..but I think ANY k-motor will outperform the b-series motors with modification. They haven't really been torn into enough to prove it..but come on, they make explosive power with cams..whereas the b-series is okay, nothing to run and brag about.

omg some people are just retard's i own a 06 civic SI i was asking for help and i spelled VTEC wrong and HONDATA wrong big deal i was tired when i wrote it. Wow yes i am a noob to this honda thing i was just asking for help but then people use that as a tool to exploit people f*cking relax !

IMO, the new Si has way more potential. But the B has a lot more parts available for it right now. In a couple of years I think there will be a very wide variety of parts for this engine. But I have read in Super Street that you can use a lot of aftermarket internals from the RSX-S. Since it is basically the same engine. But I would do a lot of research, before taking on any of these little ideas.

That's basically my 2 cents hope it helped. Also congrats on the new car, I would definately like to own one of those beasts.

Also don't let these bullies scare you off J/K. Just start posting around like a madman. You'll get the hang of it. Yeah, I know I really don't have that many posts, mostly because I read more than I post. Also, you're not the only person to have ever mispelled "VTECH" I know these guys are loving this right now.

That sh*t would be badass with a turbo on it. But seriously I kind of feel that the car is a little overhyped. I mean, it's almost 200 hp, but the car weighs a lot. I think that's why a lot of people are swapping the K24 bottom end on, to get a little more torque. If you did that and turbo it. You'd be reaking a lot of havoc on the streets. J/K. But that still would be a badass setup.

Archived