Coffee Filter

..SSR..

1990 VW Jetta GL sedan

Runs good but needs some work.

Engine is going to be rebuilt. .5mm over, 10.5:1 CR, Rocket Motorsports headwork, Autotech cam. Trans will be looked at later, more than likely will keep the one in it as I like the gearing. Going to get 11" brake up front along with some BBS wheels with Falken Ziex tires. Recaro interior, respray some color of black (black/neon orange right now). Then (gasp), I'm going to give it to someone for free. They have no clue I'm going to do this. I'll post pics and update this as it comes along. Prokect name: Coffee Filter

I paid $300 for it and it came with a spare G60 engine. But I'm opting to keep it old skool and use the 8v. I'll have a couple grand into it.

Put it with the rest of my engine collection.

Once I finish this project I'm going to do some stuff to my car. Then I think I'll pick up a Corrado shell. Build a 1.8T longblock, Full-Race manifold, GT35R, Quaife 6-speed conversion.....

I think I actually made a thread about this a while back.

Quick story.

I bought it at a Police auction since my best friend didn't have the cash for it that day. He was going to fix it up but ended up giving it to his sister because she begged him for it. I started dating his sister. She got her license (had to wait a while to get it) and drove it for under a month. Parents got her a newer car. Her brother painted it like the general with marking paint and took it offroading. Broke an axle. Was going to have it hauled off the the junkyard. I bought it from him to fix up for her since she didn't like her new car. I was going to do this without her knowing. Got as far as replacing the axles until my dad let it slip to her that I was fixing it. We broke up. Now almost 8 months later I've decided to continue with my plan. Going to give it to her on her b-day. She doesn't know about it this time.

Nothing to work out right now. I haven't talked to her in over 2 weeks. I can't call her cause her bf goes through her phone and answers it a lot so she calls me whenever she wants to talk.

• 1 month later...

Archived