Speedometer died

iswm

Yesterday I noticed my speedometer and odometer had stopped working on my 97 EX. I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but I'm pretty sure it was when it was raining. I had to drive through some moderatly deep puddles, and have a feeling this might be what caused it to stop working. Everything else works fine; lights, tach, stereo, etc all still work, and the car starts and drives fine. I tried pulling the backup fuse, but that didn't help. I also pulled the alternator/speed sensor fuse to check if that had blown, but that fuse was still good. Any thoughts?

Just stopped by autozone on my way home from work and had them see what check engine codes my car was throwing. Speed sensor (circuit) is bad. Though I noticed something interesting today -- It appears my passenger side window has stopped working. Could these problems be related in anyway?

Haha, don't even get me started with the whole dome light thing again. Any idea what might have caused the window to stop working? The driver's side window still works, the power locks still work, and the sunroof still works. Checked the power window fuse just for good measure and it's fine.

It's a manual.

My driver's side mirror stopped working today. They don't make any noise when you press the buttons. They just don't do anything. Seems like an electrical problem of some sort.

EDIT: I'm a moron. I put the fuse back in the wrong place after I checked it yesterday. Put it back where it should be, and the driver's side window works again. Still a no-go on the passanger side one though.

Archived