Some boost for ya'. Guess the numbers.

Okay folks, I decided to NOT take the N/A Route.. I'm going with a t3/t4 turbo from turbonetics with a tial wastegate, blitz bov and precision turbo intercooler..intake manifold is JGEdelbrock, exhaust manifold a revhard unit, just to name a few things.. I plan on running around 7/9 psi with a complete fuel system map and tune on my p72. Naturally I'll be replacing all of my basic stuff, going with a different fuel rail (potentially injectors if needed) and more than likely an msd 6al ignition system..and I'm just curious..

What do you think I'll make at about 8psi? I'm running an '00 GSR motor with about 42,000 miles on it.

By the way, any idea's on parts I should use till the SERIOUS build occurs will be appreciated VERY much.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in order to have your car as tuneable as possible a fuel rail should be put on with adjustable pressure reg. but injectors are a must. 440cc injectors only good for 250 horse approx. theres math equations for working out what injectors are good for what.

I'm not TOO terribly positive I'm gonna' go through with it, like I said..I know N/A can be fun but I've stockpiled a bit of the mean-green and now have enough for the turbo..

It's gonna' be a built GSR motor being forcefed about 17psi in the long run..that is if I don't get my heart set on a bigger and better swap.. Boy I know in town is slipping his way to 13.1 and 13.2's with an h22a swap in an EK9 hatch with a few bolt on's. NO bottle.

Yea but what kinda' prices am I looking to pay for say...300fwhp? When I can boost on a stock motor for a short time at maybe hit about 245/250?

I know high-comp pistons are in the mix, cams, valves and a headjob are also a must.. If I were to do that I'd be liable to go back to the b16 tranny..I love how close the gears are. I'm in fifth just passing 100.

You don't even need 230whp to be fast. 220 and the correct gearing and it'd be fast.

You aren't in 5th at 100mph.

i wish i had 250 whp. that would be nice. youre in 4th at a hundred

You don't even need 230whp to be fast. 220 and the correct gearing and it'd be fast.

You aren't in 5th at 100mph.

What kinda' gearing would I be looking at? 230 should be fairly easy to hit.

And with a b16 tranny..you're DAMN close to redlining 4th at a hundred..might be a bit past it when the shift is mandatory.

if your lookin to stay N/A , than strip your engine down , get your engine bored out .020 or 2 thousenths of an inch. get a stroker kit which will come with new rods(I beam) , new pistons (high compression, you want like at least 11:1) , new bearings . getting whole engine balanced is good mod but big bucks. all that with your head ported slightly , stage 2 crower cams with matching springs and retainers , a bigger throttle body and 550cc injectors , adjustable fuel reg. and hondata or similar. throw in a 75 shot of N2 and youl run 12's easy. and it will be reliable and fast as hell , and sound like no honda you ever heard , lol.

if your gonna run boost , than do everything i just said there , except instead of boring and stroking it , run H beam rods and 9:1 pistons , with stock crank. and no N2.

that and get yourself a B16 trans and put a B1 1st and 5th in it.

OMFG. That has to be the dumbest crap I've ever heard cranny.

Bore > stroke. Any rods and pistons you can get now come balanced and Honda B cranks are extremely well balanced. Head needs to be more than slightly ported. Crower cams suck, period. 550's on an N/A? WTFBBQ?

.5mm over, OEM pistons/rods, RM headwork/cams, SMSP header, AEBS IM, 330cc injectors, Hondata, gearing.

230whp isn't easy nor cheap. If you are serious PM or email me. Serious being that you are ready to spend money you have.

dont listen to him dude , his dad never hugged him much i dont think. best thing you can do for an N/A setup is bore and stroke it dude. 330cc injectors are only good for 220 horse max(and thats pushin it) , so i dont know wtf your talkin about.

.5mm over, OEM pistons/rods, RM headwork/cams, SMSP header, AEBS IM, 330cc injectors, Hondata, gearing.

thats not even an N/A setup dude. thats a stock engine with headwork , wow . a real N/A setup involves stroking an engine man its that simple. big power from stroking an engine. and i know how well balanced honda engines are , but theres always room for improvement , and when running an N/A setup you need to sqeak as much juice out of every possible angle dude. and a stroker is actually a good setup as far as not being as hard on an engine as even factory length rods , longer rods are easier on an engine than shorter , when piston is at TDC , it accelerates downward slower than with shorter rods , not as hard on cyl walls. although rod/stroke ratio is changed. which means basically how far the piston is up in the cyl. when the rod is at a 90 degree angle with an imaginary line between crank rod journal and centerline of crank. anyways rambling now and prolly over some of yas heads , lol. its easy man unlike what he says but hes right when he says its not cheap.

Dude, you're so full of crap. End yourself.

Stroking is bad for an engine. If you want more stroke just put in a stock 89mm crank. You don't have longer rods with a stroker kit. More stroke in the same block = shorter rods. Shorter rods = engine not happy at high RPM. The setup I listed is not a stock block. It is bored slightly and has different OEM pistons in it. Wait, using your logic the pistons have to be aftermarket to make it built. If you would use your peanut sized brain and look at the setup I posted, you'd realize its 11.x:1 CR and 1.8L. You don't need more than 330 injectors. Go get a clue.

Dude, you're so full of crap. End yourself.

Stroking is bad for an engine. If you want more stroke just put in a stock 89mm crank. You don't have longer rods with a stroker kit. More stroke in the same block = shorter rods. Shorter rods = engine not happy at high RPM. The setup I listed is not a stock block. It is bored slightly and has different OEM pistons in it. Wait, using your logic the pistons have to be aftermarket to make it built. If you would use your peanut sized brain and look at the setup I posted, you'd realize its 11.x:1 CR and 1.8L. You don't need more than 330 injectors. Go get a clue.

Amen to that. Notice V8's tend to be the motors being stroked nowadays.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm now leaning toward N/A..money should be easy to come by now that I have all my debt and crap out of the way so..

SSR you'll soon be receiving a pm from me.

You guys have talked me into it.

And the only thing I'll agree with Cranny on..not that I don't appreciate his advice..he's just taking it a bit too far for a street car..

Is that a cammed out Honda sounds great in N/A form. =x

Archived