s type motor in my sol

delsolk20a2

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, being obese counts for something (unless he's about 7 feet tall)

rofl 6'3.. He looks out of place in it, it even has '00 Si seats in it..and we all know how high the cushions in those bastards put you.

• 1 month later...

the porsche turbos arent that hard to keep up with on the freeway. i do it often here in san diego. now a vette on the other hand. a vette would blow you away dude. no offense, but i call bs as well.

z06's run 11's, low 12's stock. you cant kill vettes.

+1

Yeah, I call BS. You beat a Z06 out of the hole. A car with 300-400 lb/ft of torque and rear wheel drive? I highly doubt that, and the aerodynamic advantage of the vette would come into play on a high speed highway run.

+1

I'm sure that sol is quick, but not that quick.

It would take a lot to beat a vette NA. You'd need to build your motor internally, build the tranny, do some suspension work, and have some decent driving skills to even stand a chance.

+1

the porsche turbos arent that hard to keep up with on the freeway. i do it often here in san diego. now a vette on the other hand. a vette would blow you away dude. no offense, but i call bs as well.

You just asked in another thread to point out one dumb post of yours.......here you go. A 996 turbo and 997 turbo are both quicker than a vette. Try 0-60 in under 4 seconds and the quarter in low 12's high 11's. I'm sure you hung with a Porsche turbo. Maybe a late 80's 944 turbo.

I agree! A new Vette zo6 505hp, a dodge viper 500hp 500fpt. We all know your not running with vipers. I have a friend with a porche, they're built for the track (not the drag strip). They kill mostley anything that's on the feeway. They were built for high speed, so I don't know about no turbo'd P... I do believe you beating anything with an LS1. It seems that a fully built gsr is looking at around the same hp as a bolt-ons only k20. Nice job with the swap though I'm gelous.

You mentioned the LS7 Z06, and the vipir. You forgot Fords rare ass piece of street artillary, the 550 hp saleen S281-E. I seen about 20 forum pages of the chevy and ford guys arguing over which was faster, but I think their pretty even and both run high 11 second quarters with the right driver.

• 1 year later...

I love this car...One day i hope to have this kinda of setup maybe a little cleaner but i gotta work on getting the motor then i will beat alot of people around where i live which are like mustangs and chevys minus the vette!

Do you think it could beat a evo 8? i seen a video but that was in a civic hatch not a sol...

That is a clean swap?!?!?! Lol.

There is a f*cking powerade bottle being used as a catch can. Real clean. The motor has wires everywhere, run in places where it was just the easiest way to do. The whole car gets a thumbs down from me.

And I'm egotistical? Lol.

I mean I don't know what's so great. Everyone has a K now-a-days. It's not anything extraordinary.

If it were clean, then it would get a thumbs up. However, it's not, so it gets a funny.gif

its also from over a year ago, when this swap wasnt as common and less parts were made for it. so its exactly what YOU said it was:

Bad ass.

Yeah, I like how quickly people change their minds about stuff. A year ago busted ls1 said that he liked it and it was a "clean install." So whatever. It ain't no show car, but I'd take it in a heartbeat.

I have the right to change my mind.

AS has been stated in this very thread the swaps have become easier and cleaner.

So this primitive, crude swap is definitely lower on the food chain than the rest of them.

other than the powerade bottle, which was most likely not permanent, whats so wrong with this swap? it doesnt look good because of the wires? everyone on here is always saying go before show, and when they do that, its bad?

No. I said it was bad ass because it was the third K swap I had ever seen. Once I started actually looking at how the OP cheaped out on stuff, it's awful.

That is like the fists K swap I have seen where the person didn't get the upgraded fuel lines, and didn't take the intake manifold cover off. Lol.

Archived