s type motor in my sol

delsolk20a2

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clean install dude, love that hose running to the powerade bottle though.

I have a friend witha '93 civic vx..it's teal..bone stock body..right down to a set of 15" steelies with a k-swap in it..

put it like this..i ran him once..on a hundred shot..he has i/h/e and a tuner..

He MURDERED me. I mean.. Four cars or more..and I was spraying like HELL.

yeah i agree , this delsol is very fast a friend of mine has a comptech supercharged s2000 ( i'll post pics as soon as i can for the s2000 guys to drool over ), anyways i waxed his ass from a light , a punch , and on the interstate, the first night i got the car runnin i killed this old man in a corvette ,he rolled down his window & started freakin out askin me if it was turbo & stuff i just smiled & keep driving. i love the car its a blast to drive, every gear feels like first

It's looking like I wanna' do a K-swap..naturally they're becoming easier (although they're still hard as hell to do)..as all motors do after se veral attempts to perform..

Nothing I seem to want to do will keep me on par with them. Even a 100 shot on a GSR motor couldn't hang. So..

Leaves me with one option.

k series is defiently the future , ( you can by my sol ) , its really not that hard of a swap , i think it is easier than a b series swap any day , k motors just have so much potential , if you take a bone stock gsr & put a intake on it you really won't see that much power gains ( it will sound nice ) but really no gains , now take a k & put a intake on it you will see 10 to 15hp at the wheels . a K in stock form take so good to bolt on . almost everything iv raced iv beat but the few i haven't beat slow down immediatly to say dam that thing is fast

damn, thats clean. leave the body as it is. that's badass.

thank you for looking , my car will never wear a bodykit but thats just me ,i love the way these cars look stock, check the classifeds if you would be intrested in buyin it

Probably a C5..A C5 Z06 would be tough, let alone a C6 Vette. And the C6 Z06..

Roflcopter.

i can kill a vette in my car , i raced a z06 i beat him out of the hole , but he started to pull on the high end so i just let off, and i don't waste my gas on cobras or gts or SS 's, , i beat my friend in his supercharded s2000 , ive killed a cobra a SS, i beat a porshe on the high way i was crusin down the highway & a old man came up beside me in a turboed porshe i dropped in 5th & started to pull shifted to 6th smiled & walked away

• 3 weeks later...
i can kill a vette in my car , i raced a z06 i beat him out of the hole , but he started to pull on the high end so i just let off, and i don't waste my gas on cobras or gts or SS 's, , i beat my friend in his supercharded s2000 , ive killed a cobra a SS, i beat a porshe on the high way i was crusin down the highway & a old man came up beside me in a turboed porshe i dropped in 5th & started to pull shifted to 6th smiled & walked away

z06's run 11's, low 12's stock. you cant kill vettes.

Yeah, I call BS. You beat a Z06 out of the hole. A car with 300-400 lb/ft of torque and rear wheel drive? I highly doubt that, and the aerodynamic advantage of the vette would come into play on a high speed highway run.

I'm sure that sol is quick, but not that quick.

It would take a lot to beat a vette NA. You'd need to build your motor internally, build the tranny, do some suspension work, and have some decent driving skills to even stand a chance.

I'm sure that sol is quick, but not that quick.

It would take a lot to beat a vette NA. You'd need to build your motor internally, build the tranny, do some suspension work, and have some decent driving skills to even stand a chance.

Again..he could probably run with a C5 Vette..MAYBE the C5 Z06..it was a higher twelve second car, it only had the ls1 in it if I'm not mistaken..

Now any C6 Vette on the other hand..roflcopter

• 3 weeks later...

I agree! A new Vette zo6 505hp, a dodge viper 500hp 500fpt. We all know your not running with vipers. I have a friend with a porche, they're built for the track (not the drag strip). They kill mostley anything that's on the feeway. They were built for high speed, so I don't know about no turbo'd P... I do believe you beating anything with an LS1. It seems that a fully built gsr is looking at around the same hp as a bolt-ons only k20. Nice job with the swap though I'm gelous.

i mean i know its not a good way to go about guesing on something , but that looks like a K20A , the JDM model. the reason i say this , is the K20 series engines , all have different ignition wire covers on the top of the engine. even if you go to hmotorsonline , look at the pics of the different K engines. there all different. and that one has the JDM setup.

TYPE S

dc5types.gif

TYPE R

k20a.gif

sorry, but you're not going to beat a vette. that motor is 200hp, right? idk, I didn't looks closely at which K series you had. anyway, thats approx. 170 whp, in a car that weighs 2600 lbs. a vette is 400hp, like 350 whp, on 3000 lbs or so. you wouldn't be close, I doubt you're even deep into the 13's.

sorry, but you're not going to beat a vette. that motor is 200hp, right? idk, I didn't looks closely at which K series you had. anyway, thats approx. 170 whp, in a car that weighs 2600 lbs. a vette is 400hp, like 350 whp, on 3000 lbs or so. you wouldn't be close, I doubt you're even deep into the 13's.

Dude, my 280 pound friend with a '92 hatch sporting a k-swap with the k-pro tuner, cai, header, catback and cams is running mid 12's on street tires. Horsepower isn't everything.

Archived