I lost $200 today

90IntegraC1

so me and my two buddies were playing with my car and this stupid e-bay part outside...anyway i set my wallet w/ $200 cash and my cell phone on my dad's hood. we go inside for like literally 5 minutes, wer come back out and my dad's gone....no wallet, no phone.

so i call him from my house and yell at him. as i'm yelling at him he says something just flew off his hood all over the highway. so i bolt down the street to the main road i live off of to try and collect what had flown off my dad's hood. i find everything (liscence, social security card, g/f pictures, credit card) all over the road. i stopped traffic for like 5 minutes picking it up.

but..........................where the $200 at? it's gone. no where to be found. my and my two buddies searched EVERYWHERE for the damn money, but never found it. so i would have been at $1200 towards the swap, but damn, i'm still stuck $1000...f*ck me! >_<

at least you have your license and ss card. you should really take your ss card out of your wallet. how did your dad not see it on the hood though?

thats why me and my bro just leave the wallet in the car. Money doesn't take up enough room in your pockets to have to take it out when you do stuff and the only place you really need you license is in your car. So leave it in there and take it out when you need it...works for me

I just keep mine in my back pocket at all times, that's what back pockets are for. I pretty much feel naked if I don't have my wallet on me.

in the summer i just wear basketball shorts w/ no pockets, so i usually just caryy my wallet/phone/keys. That's why i set it down.

I don't know how he didn't see it, he's retarded.

And solLess-you're probably right...

I did that ^, but I wound up spending so much money because you don't really feel like you are spending anything. With cash in hand, you start noticing when you are trunning low. Then, you become stingy, like I did. Cash is easier in some ways, but check cards are def. nice, you just need to have control when using them. It's too easy to spend all of your money.

I was the exact opposite way. If I had cash on hand I would blow it on something stupid but when I put it in my savings account, I do just that, save.

EDIT- And +1 to not carrying my SS card. My mom has it hidden somewhere that I don't even know about. That's serious stuff if someone gets a hold of it.

I did that ^, but I wound up spending so much money because you don't really feel like you are spending anything. With cash in hand, you start noticing when you are trunning low. Then, you become stingy, like I did. Cash is easier in some ways, but check cards are def. nice, you just need to have control when using them. It's too easy to spend all of your money.

It's not hard if you budget your money.

I usually keep $10-20 cash in my wallet "just in case", and use my check card for purchases.

I carry my ss card, just in case I get asked for it at like a job interview, etc...

For me, cash is easier to spend, and I dont like to use my debit card, so I keep money in the bank and always tell people I have no money.

last deer season i came out of the woods and set my wallet and new audiovox phone on my trunk (use phone to check time), got all my gear off, put my bow away, etc... and drove off. went to burger king, and realized it was gone. went back, couldn't find it. so i go home, all upset, and then my dad calls from my grandmas and says "i have your wallet" i was shocked. my dad tells me that this guy called every Herzberg in the phone book until he found one that knew me (my grandmas) and returned my wallet to my dad. but didn't find my phone.

cool though because i had 487 bucks, and my debit card and all was returned.

to make up for the $200 loss im just selling all my video games, systems, and hardware. that should make up for it for now. i just wanna do the swap asap...my car's blowing black smoke everywhere now....lame.

ummm,let me see.you left your wallet with your money and all your important paperwork on your dads car hood and went inside,leaving this stuff where everyone could see it.of course your dad is the retarded one because he didnt expect you would use his car as a table to store your things on.if my kids left their stuff on the hood of my car and got mad they would be in deep crapt...

guess what?

i got a new job. i put my 2 weeks notice in at the super market and I am now employed by Mercedes-Benz detailing cars. Sooo sweet.

I get paid much more than at Giant, so maybe i can get this swap done sooner!

guess what?

i got a new job. i put my 2 weeks notice in at the super market and I am now employed by Mercedes-Benz detailing cars. Sooo sweet.

I get paid much more than at Giant, so maybe i can get this swap done sooner!

thats fantasic....good job and good luck

I want your swap done soon. when you get it done i'm up for a road trip out to see you and it. Can't wait..its gonna be nice

I also got a new job, being a junior computer tech for a food distribution office...woohoo

Archived