Suprise call.

SIR_VTEC

Yea so I was chilling at home playing some xbox, then I get a call, well it turns out to be a pretty good friend back from when we little and all the way through high school. He was like guess what im like what? I got drafted. Im like to what the Army lol, he saw naw, the NBA lol. Im like holy crap thats awesome. He said he was second round, and I was like congrats, he was telling me yea man if you ever come to the games i'll be sure to always hook you up....im like nah man you don't have to do that....and he insisted. I was like congrats and what not and were going to go out to celebrate Friday night, so what my question is do you think when people get a little bit of money and a little bit of fame they forget where they come from? Well anyway he seems like it will all go to his head, but then again I dunno every 1 is different so hopefully he's not an prick when he gets all well known. :dry: (His names Steve Novak 2nd round pick to clarify once again)

Houston Rockets

First round (8): traded Rudy Gay to Memphis for Shane Battier

Second round (32): Steve Novak, F, 6-10, 225, Marquette

The skinny: A lot of people love Battier as a complimentary player who plays good defense and can occasionally hit the open shot. But for a team lacking in so much outside of Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady, giving up a potential major star in young Gay seems like a bigger stretch than the sheets on Yao's mattress. Grade: C.

rockets didnt make it far last season b/c the 2 dominant players were out. Yao had some toe fungus and wasn't allowed to play but i think thats set up so that he doesn't have to go back to china to play ball in the off season here in the states. hopefully the rockets will make it further in the next season.

oh yeah, if i won the lotto i wouldn't change my personality. but then again i haven't gotten a hold of a large sum of money to really say. i grew up poor and humble so hopefully i wont change. id buy everybody here a car air freshener if i had money. :D Congrats to you homeboy!

rockets didnt make it far last season b/c the 2 dominant players were out. Yao had some toe fungus and wasn't allowed to play but i think thats set up so that he doesn't have to go back to china to play ball in the off season here in the states. hopefully the rockets will make it further in the next season.

oh yeah, if i won the lotto i wouldn't change my personality. but then again i haven't gotten a hold of a large sum of money to really say. i grew up poor and humble so hopefully i wont change. id buy everybody here a car air freshener if i had money. :D Congrats to you homeboy!

90: Yea he's white but he's really good, he played with dwanye Wade when he was at marquette.

TL: Yea if i was a millionaire i think i wouldn't change simply because i know how it feels to be on the other end of the stick, but yea hopefully he doesnt get to become a prick :dry:

well, if this is the first time he's called you since high school to tell you that he'll be richer than you and have sex with some hott biddies, then i think he's already accoplished the prick part...>_<

Naw we've kepted in touch ever since we left highschool, but he was busy with keeping up with basketball and i was busy running a business, so yea its not like this is the first time out the blue he called, we've kepted in touch over the years and have kicked it alot lol....

Archived