SHOULD I TRADE MY DEL SOL FOR THIS?!

eddb185

I own a 93 Del Sol S totally stock 5 speed, interior is in mint condition, body is great except for rust on the skin of the one door. Engine taps a little but other then that runs great, clutch is smooth and goes into every gear cleanly. Should i trade it for a 89 Civic Hatch Si? The car has a b16 swap, full catback exhaust, intake, new axles, new timing belt etc... Comes with tokico shocks, gauges and pods, and a new ignition but none of them hooked up. It has brand new wheels and tires not sure what kind though. I drove it today everything seems good, the vtech cracks and goes into gears good. The only bad thing is the clutch makes that wiring noise and the shifter is REAL loose, not like its going to come off but it moves a lot even when you put it into gear. He said it just needs a pin somewhere that he only put a bolt and nut in. I dont know that much about cars so I was looking for some advice with this. I only payed 2 grand for my sol and he was selling his for 3, i know the person that was going to buy it. All help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Eddie

all depends on how much you paid for your car?

if not that much its worth it just for the drivetrain. if you paid half decent amount of money for the car its not worth the loss , as solles almost said , lol , B16 arent crazy fast but better than your engine , although your engine could demolish a B16 or any B series for that matter but will cost you money. its a tossup , up to you my man.

all depends on how much you paid for your car?

if not that much its worth it just for the drivetrain. if you paid half decent amount of money for the car its not worth the loss , as solles almost said , lol , B16 arent crazy fast but better than your engine , although your engine could demolish a B16 or any B series for that matter but will cost you money. its a tossup , up to you my man.

I only payed 2000 for my car. The person with the hatch had a buyer for 3000 for his.

fuk them guys dude trade em up , hahahhaa i would in a second. only talkin about a couple thousand bucks here and youl end up with one of the best honda platforms imo to build on for the money. im thinkin about 8000 rpm with VTEC screaming , you? haha

fuk them guys dude trade em up , hahahhaa i would in a second. only talkin about a couple thousand bucks here and youl end up with one of the best honda platforms imo to build on for the money. im thinkin about 8000 rpm with VTEC screaming , you? haha

eh i ended up not trading i can still if i want to but his had a couple problems. it was leaking green liquid, he said it was coming out of a hose going into the engine, and you couldnt push the clutch all the way down or else it made a winding noise which he said was because the cable was stretched out and it needed a new one. also, the shifter was reaaaaaal loose, even in 1st you could move the shifter all the way from one side to the other. he said that was because of a pin in the link between 2 things (theres a bolt and nut instead of a pin) so he says, but idk i didnt really trust the guy all that much. tell me what u guys think.

Thank you, im still up for offers for my del sol. Its a 93 S bone stock. Interior is in mint condition not a mark on it. Exterior is in good condition but the rust on the skin of the one door. The original Targa top was blown off on the highway cause the owner didnt latch it down all the way so they got another one but its red. The motor and tranny were swapped to make it manual, it was originally automatic. The clutch is great and it shifts into every gear cleanly. The engine taps a little, the valves just need to be adjusted i think. Im located in Monroe, NY (the lower hudson valley) about an hour from the city. So let me hear some offers for it.

Thanks,

Eddie

if ur willing to put up an ad around troy NY i know u could sell that thing for somewhere btween $1700-$2500....my buddy sold a 91 proge gt with 195,00 and a blown turbo 2.0l for $1500....

eh i ended up not trading i can still if i want to but his had a couple problems. it was leaking green liquid, he said it was coming out of a hose going into the engine, and you couldnt push the clutch all the way down or else it made a winding noise which he said was because the cable was stretched out and it needed a new one. also, the shifter was reaaaaaal loose, even in 1st you could move the shifter all the way from one side to the other. he said that was because of a pin in the link between 2 things (theres a bolt and nut instead of a pin) so he says, but idk i didnt really trust the guy all that much. tell me what u guys think.

so you didnt trade cause the civic needed a 10 dollar rad hose , and a throwout bearing? which is whats makin that noise your talking about , not a stretched cable. as far as the shifter being loose , thats another 10 dollar fix. your crazy dude , get that fukin car and go from there. worse thing ive heard it needing so far is a throwbearing. as long as it runs well and doesnt burn no oil its good man.

Archived