if i turboed my D?

if i turboed my d16y8 what would you suggest i do to the engine to prepare it? new internals, releeve, etc? also, what tranny/clutch/flywheel options do i have? thanks again, im still trying to make up my mind on what to do with my car.

dont resleeve the friggen block unless its damaged . you need everything needed to run boost which you can find without me typing it out. you need to convert your car to OBD1 in order to run fuel managment like hondata. bigger injectors (440 CC to give you an idea is only food for 250 horse give or take a few). and thats it. you can safely run 8lbs dude on stock engine no problem. strap boost to it , make sure proper fuel/air mixture is achieved and presto. ive heard about something new for determining fuel maps , they claled it the OSTRICH. you plug it in after car gets boosted , run it on the dyno and this rig will tell you from reading your cars ECU (sensors) what fuel map will work for your car. never read that much about it yet but cool idea.

my buddy has a ef hatch with a zc running 13lbs and its a bone stock motor internally, never had any problems with it and hes not exactly easy on it either, ran a 13.4 at the track and they made him stop cause he didnt have a helmet, stock tire pressure on bf goodrich drag radials, tuned with zedyne(dunno the spelling) so if tuned properly and have everything to support the boost, i guess it will work, granted i think the zc has a lower compression than the y8, i have a d16a(similar to the y8) and i plan on boosting soon, just need the rest of the parts, plan on using crome tho, just kinda gotta learn how to use it first

thanks for all the good info. i plan on replacing the pistons and rods. i heard that civic type r pistons are good for turbo because of the compression. are those a good buy for what i want? also, would a port and polish work good for a turbo application?

thanks for all the good info. i plan on replacing the pistons and rods. i heard that civic type r pistons are good for turbo because of the compression. are those a good buy for what i want? also, would a port and polish work good for a turbo application?

those are pricey. do you know what it is?

Didnt know B series pistons would fit in a D.

Those also have a high compression.

oh yeah, i dont think you can use b pistons in a d. should i just get stock ones or are there some affordable aftermarket pistons that work well?

all crower products anyways. you dont need any of it dude , not for a D. boost it with 8 lbs on factory internals it will be fine.

Then why did he say not to unless the block was damaged?

cause you dont have to simple. if you were to strip the engine and worse case scenario find scores on the cyl. walls , than take it to a machine shop and have it bored to .010(or as little as possible to renew walls). also when ordering pistons after boring an engine you must order them accordingly. if you try and stick 75.5mm(D16y8 bore) bore pistons in a 76mm bore it aint gonna work in your favor , lol. can we say blow by? so keep all this in mind. when you buy pistons , get 9:1 compression pistons. brand is up to you. im boosting a D16Y8 very soon for a guy whos piecing together a kit , and he bought nippon racing pistons(japan crap). forged alluminum i beleve they are. new wrist pins included.

CTR pistons aren't good for boost. They won't fit in a D anyways. Why would you replace stock pistons for stock pistons if you're building it?

Check out my website for prices on pistons and rods.

Archived