2006 Honda Pilot - Squeaks, Rattles and General Problems

We purchased a 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD from a local dealership here in Salt Lake City. We bought the Pilot because it was a Honda and should be top-notch quality. Well, we've been disappointed with the fit and finish and overall quality of the vehicle.

When I first stepped into the vehicle, a dash panel was popping out about a 1/4 inch. I showed it to the salesperson and I pushed it into place. Simple enough to do, but it certainly made me question how something that visible (between instrument panel and radio controls) could have gotten past both Honda and the dealers' quality control.

When driving the vehicle home from the dealer, nearly every window in the vehicle rattled over every bump and on the constant vibrations from the freeway... YUCK! It was like driving an old Chevy.

I have since had the vehcile in about 8 times trying to get the window and door squeaks worked out. I've wasted a ton of my time on something that shouldn't have gotten past quality control standards.

Now, our A/C compressor moans when idling. It hasn't done this before, but now it does it typically when the vehicle is idling for a time, or if you're stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic. The Pilot is at the dealer right now and they just called to tell me that the A/C compressor moaning is normal... I think that's BS. What do you guys think?

I've just been disappointed with our Honda from the get-go. It's our first Honda and just might be our last.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

We purchased a 2005 Odyssey EX-L with nav and entertaintment with just about all the same problems that you have and plus power steering problems to boot. We hate taking this van on trips because the noises drive us crazy not to mention the unbelievable amount of road noise. I worked at a Honda Dealership and I know Honda has had quality problems as of late but this is bad and unacceptable. I was told there is no fix for the rattles and to keep applying grease to the window slot seals and weatherstripping. I cant take it anymore and am really considering getting rid of it no matter how much we lose.

We purchased a 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD from a local dealership here in Salt Lake City. We bought the Pilot because it was a Honda and should be top-notch quality. Well, we've been disappointed with the fit and finish and overall quality of the vehicle.

When I first stepped into the vehicle, a dash panel was popping out about a 1/4 inch. I showed it to the salesperson and I pushed it into place. Simple enough to do, but it certainly made me question how something that visible (between instrument panel and radio controls) could have gotten past both Honda and the dealers' quality control.

When driving the vehicle home from the dealer, nearly every window in the vehicle rattled over every bump and on the constant vibrations from the freeway... YUCK! It was like driving an old Chevy.

I have since had the vehcile in about 8 times trying to get the window and door squeaks worked out. I've wasted a ton of my time on something that shouldn't have gotten past quality control standards.

Now, our A/C compressor moans when idling. It hasn't done this before, but now it does it typically when the vehicle is idling for a time, or if you're stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic. The Pilot is at the dealer right now and they just called to tell me that the A/C compressor moaning is normal... I think that's BS. What do you guys think?

I've just been disappointed with our Honda from the get-go. It's our first Honda and just might be our last.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I must say that the quality of the dealership sucks. I own a 2005 pilot and it has no problems at all. It's been over a year now and it still has a new car smell due to taking care of it. You should make them give you a new pilot or at least fix the vehicle since it has a warranty. I don't know how they check the cars in the state you live in before selling them, but if that crap was pulled by me honda would have lawsuits left and right. I know honda makes a great vehicle because my family has two new trucks and they dont have any problems so far. Definitely find a way to get that all worked out.

• 2 weeks later...

Ours is doing the same thing powderboy.

We have a 06 Pilot also and the windows have been rattling since we got it 2 months ago, and the rear supsension has sqeaks in it too. And your right, I have a bunch of old chevys, but this thing rattles worst than those :( We have a app. tomorrow at the dealer, hopefully they can fix it, or I am gonna be even more upset.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived