Check Engine & Maintenance Light - 2000 Accord

cbot

My wife called me today and mentioned that the check engine light came on along with the maintenance light.

I read somewhere that this may be due to several reasons. I found out how to clear it.. hold the reset button and turn the key. She told me that the light just flickered but it did not go off.

Ideas?

• 1 month later...

I just had a very similar problem on my 2000 Accord... For the maintenance light, if you turn the car off and press the reset button and hold it, then turn the car to the "On" position, after ten seconds the light will stop flashing. My understanding is this light is merely a timer that goes off after a certain amount of time or miles to let you know you need some general maintenance (oil change, etc.). For the check engine light, there are about 50 things that could make that go on, but if your short on cash, have your battery checked. That's all it was on mine...

• 4 weeks later...

well i stalled my 2000 LX a few days ago without my attention on a hill and my brakes and steering wheel locked up.. when i started it back up my check engine light was on so when i got it back home i took an end off the battery and waited ten seconds.. and the light never came back on.. if there really was a problem the light would come back

Archived