My car ^_^

yea I know.... not a honda... but if you surf my posts I know my stuff and respect everyone no matter what they drive

A mustang driver that isn't an assh*le ::gasp::

tracktime.jpg

other pics are in my sig...

my video... had to smoke my Nitto's to get ready for my widened BFG's that are going on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrWLd8PwMmg

LOL I wanted it to turn into a dissapearing act... it sorta worked though

LOL I wish... that's my friend Terry's

I have just a stock 4.6L I have enough minor bolt on's to bring the stock 14.1 in the 1/4 to about 13.5... nothing too drastic untill my 2.2 Blowzilla goes on... I'll be pushing 18PSI

then I am hoping for high 10's.... hopefully

the problem with the GT's is we are 2V per cylinder and it's really hard to bring out the HP in them

wheras the Mach 1's and the Cobra's are 32V 4V per cylinder and every bolt on helps a bunch

Yea, didnt know it was just a gt. An old friend that moved away had a Mach 1, It was the first turbo one in the world, He made it in like 5.0 magazine or something like that.

yea... I have a kill list soewhere since summer started... hold on here

1. 92 eagle talon AWD TSI- by 3 car lengths

2. 5.7L Hemi Ram (w/ SCREAMING blower)- by a bumper

3. LS1 04 GTO- by a bumper

4. 95 LT1 formula- 2 car lengths

5. 96 LT1 Z28- 2 car lengths

6. Audi 2.7T- 3 car lengths

7. 69 stingray vette- 2 car lengths

8. AcuraTL (with dealer plates ^_^) - 2 car lengths

9. 98 SVT cobra(full intake/exhaust+4:10's) - 1/2 a car

10. 05 Charger R/T 5.7 HEMI - 1 car length

that's it so far anyways

yea... I have a kill list soewhere since summer started... hold on here

1. 92 eagle talon AWD TSI- by 3 car lengths

2. 5.7L Hemi Ram (w/ SCREAMING blower)- by a bumper

3. LS1 04 GTO- by a bumper

4. 95 LT1 formula- 2 car lengths

5. 96 LT1 Z28- 2 car lengths

6. Audi 2.7T- 3 car lengths

7. 69 stingray vette- 2 car lengths

8. AcuraTL (with dealer plates ^_^) - 2 car lengths

9. 98 SVT cobra(full intake/exhaust+4:10's) - 1/2 a car

10. 05 Charger R/T 5.7 HEMI - 1 car length

that's it so far anyways

I had a '98 Cobra making over 450 hp at the wheels and somewhere in the vicinity of 480 ft/lbs torque..

Now you talk about torque? Low twelves..all day loooong.. Insurance premiums own me though..

As for hitting 10's with just the blowzilla..That's asking a bit much too..

You're more than likely going to need to do some SERIOUS block work, wouldn't you agree? Maybe.. a forged block or something? At least a serious girdle.. I've heard the 2V's don't stand up to high horsepower on their internals and block material.

Nice car though. Got l ucky with that LS1 GTO.. Your average LS1 car..(at least in Nor Fla) is running a low thirteen in the quarter.. with some factory freaks breaking into the 12's with GREAT driving skills. My buddy has an '02 WS6 T/A with lid, longtubes, catback, tb and a chip and he's bitch slapping 12.6's and 12.7's as though they're nothing. God does it sound good.

yea I ran a couple LS1 GTO's... they are way too over rated... I think it's because I have 4.10's but I actually top end them as well as get them down low... same thing happened with the S/C'd ram and the charger RT... this really had me confused until someone told me that my 4.10's were the thing that was doing it for me... but then I got cocky and tried to go from a 40 roll against a 6.0 LS2 Goat... bad idea lol

what makes the LS1 in the Goat so different from the LS1 T/A's or Z28's is the humungous weight difference... and they are slugs off of the line compared to the F-Body.... the LS1 in the F-Body are good for very low 13's whereas it takes a 420HP LS2 to get the GTO to run with them... the LS1 in the GTO has a hard time getting into high 13's for launch reasons

but I am getting a fully forged stroker longblock as well... I'm getting lower control arms, widening the stock rims, lowering it a bit,

stage 3 VT cams, and C&C ported heads.... if I just strapped an 18PSI Blowzilla I would get a piston in my eye garunteed LOL

Nice to see another domestic on the site. Nice car. You are probably going to run into some issues jsut throwing a blower on it, may want to work around the motor a bit. anything above 8-10psi is going to hurt a stock motor if its constantly being pushed like at a dragstrip. Youve got to first of all make sure your motors been put together strong. look up the casting numbers, or even get it blueprinted to get an idea of what it can handle. you want as much forged steel as possible, and as for heads, aluminum will not hold up for long. even with a normally aspirated engine aluminum has its limits. just give it the good once over. nice machine.

yea I ran a couple LS1 GTO's... they are way too over rated... I think it's because I have 4.10's but I actually top end them as well as get them down low... same thing happened with the S/C'd ram and the charger RT... this really had me confused until someone told me that my 4.10's were the thing that was doing it for me... but then I got cocky and tried to go from a 40 roll against a 6.0 LS2 Goat... bad idea lol

what makes the LS1 in the Goat so different from the LS1 T/A's or Z28's is the humungous weight difference... and they are slugs off of the line compared to the F-Body.... the LS1 in the F-Body are good for very low 13's whereas it takes a 420HP LS2 to get the GTO to run with them... the LS1 in the GTO has a hard time getting into high 13's for launch reasons

but I am getting a fully forged stroker longblock as well... I'm getting lower control arms, widening the stock rims, lowering it a bit,

stage 3 VT cams, and C&C ported heads.... if I just strapped an 18PSI Blowzilla I would get a piston in my eye garunteed LOL

Thank you sirrrrrrr, someone that knows their crap for the most part.

I love watching a stock ass (if you can find it) WS6 trans am destroy an LS1 GTO up till about third gear where they just deadlock it.

Although I'd have guessed you'd be a bit more sluggish up top with the 4.10's..2v's aren't know for a high redline..also..the gearing down low would help you immensly against something such as an LS1 car..damn low-end monsters, they are.

ide like to meet at new england dragway sometime the end of this year, i had my timeslip from last year somewhere on this forum and it was 13.3 second 1/4 mile. that was with 2.73 rear end, crapty low rise manifold, and cast iron log exhaust manifolds, and a 700r4 tranny. by the end of this year after the 4.11's and th-400 tranny get dropped in, and after getting long tube headers and a high rise single plane manifold installed over the winter last year, with true dual 2.5inch exhaust, she should be able to kiss the upper 12's. I bought a virtual dyno and where im at now, with the stock rear end, its 1/4 mile is supposably at 13.1. dont know how reliable the virtual dyno's are but if thats true, then i should break 12's after the rear end upgrade.

I'm not familiar with the older cars but at the track it seems like I wait all the time because of broken rear-ends.... how steep do you think you can go back there with your power right now? there's people I know running 4.30's with cars exactly like mine as DD's.. I personally think they are nuts... but that's me

the reason I ask is because I was with a friend of mine with his LT1 F-Body ans he just went up to 3.73's and he had a set of headers and it snapped like nobodies business and it was a big ordeal getting him towed

just looking out... even though you probably know more than I do lol

i see what u mean, i forgot to mention im putting in a 10 point rollcage with subframe connectors to keep things straight in three or four weeks. im preferably going for 4.11's but if i find 3.90's for a good deal that would do the job. shes more of a street cruiser though. i have the motor all top end, but the suspension work is all for turning and stability, along with the tires. i dont know if you looked at the pictures but the front tires are 265mm wide which is wide for some cars back tires lol. im about 80 percent finished with the motor, im not going to keep going and going until i get 4 miles a gallon. basically all ive got left to finish what i want done to the motor is a 750cfm carb, steel true roller rockers, aluminum heads, going for ones with 200cc intake runners, 2.02/1.6 valves, and 64cc chambers. then basically its all tidying up stuff like a cog belt system, and some valvetrain upgrades like longer pushrods, and eventually tossing the comp cams solid lift cam for a hydraulic roller cam. that will be about it, so there is no doubt by the time you finish your motor up that you will have the upper hand, but thats besides the point, im not overly concerned about things breaking from twisting because this car will barely ever see a strip, so it wont have that constant stress, along wiht getting as much chassis stiffening as possible.

after i get ahead of my current car though the next plan for this winter is to start to build a race car. probably going with an 80's chevy caprice or 80's chevy malibu. street legality will not matter. good luck with your car, your going to sht your pants after you stroke and supercharge it.

speaking of older cars... I would love to get ahold of a stock 1985 GNX..::drools::

I'm not sure what kind of mods they have that you can do to it... but you don't have to do much.. it's already a freaking beast lol

3.8L turboed V-6

235 HP

330 lbs

low 12 machine untouched...and that's back in 85 w00t

Archived