The Suspension/Axle crap broke on my car

Verbal Killa

Ok.. well my dad was drivin the car i guess like 2 days ago. an he did a simple turn just getting out the store because he had just barely got the insurance for the car..

An all of a sudden when he hit the turn, the tire just fell off. like somethin got loose an that crap bent an the car had too get towed too my house.

then after they towed it i looked under an the axle holdin the tire is broken in half. anyone kno how much this job might cost too fix? ill try an take pictures of it.

115265118672310045214im.jpg

^^The pieces that i circled in white.

those are the pieces i need. anyone kno what there called or where i can get them?

Also... Those pieces i circled have like some bearings inside there too connect too some other crap. do u guys kno where i can get them at?

thanx

If just the boot is broken then its fine, but if something inside the boot is not right then it is just a temp fix, I replaced my boot because the boot was broken and was crapting grease all over the inside of my wheel.

Ok. is there any certain brand thats good with axles or whatever. an if i have a LS tranny. does that meens a need a axle that fits an LS rite? or it has nothin too do with it?

Also, how much should it cost around for someone too put in the axle in my car. im not good for crap wit mechanic or any of that. im 16 an stupid. i never seen it done. i would have too look at the guy doin it too try n learn

if your lower or upper came apart (which is what happened) , than those axles although damaged boots are still prolly good. they look fine to me in the pics. i9f the boots are torn fuk it run them till they click. putting new boots on axles aint that hard but it blows. everything gotta come off the tranny end of the shaft.

im not sure what you mean but if your saying you got a teg engine in your civic , than whats the chances of a civic axle fitting in a teg tranny you tell me? not too good i will assume.

• 2 months later...

Just go to any NAPA autoZone or advanced auto and buy a Drive axle for about $60 .\

It isnt all that easy to replace, but most guys can do it. Ive done 3. Two on may Acura and one on the Civic.

I have a friend with a 94 civic who needed a new cv axle passenger side

last friday i told them 80 bucks and id get it put on

Her old one with gnarled knuckles:oldcv.jpg

Here is the remanufactered cv axle from auto zone that cost 59 bucks:newcv.jpg

= lil davey gettin a little cashflow (i told her i would want at least a few bucks)

Archived