Need some help

catawalks

Well I'm planning on buying a CRX project car...I found one in texas for $300 but the only problem with it is that the front caught on fire and some of the parts in the engine bay were destroyed. The engine doesn't run but it rolls fine. The car is in Fort Worth, texas and I was just wondering if anyone knows of a reputable shop down there I could get to drop a new engine in for cheap just so I can get it back up here? Or should I just pay the rediculously high prices for auto shipping? or maybe...since he is looking to sell it right away..is there anyone that would go pick it up from him for me and hold it until I get a chance to come pick it up?

100_1559.jpg

100_1558.jpg

I REALLY want this car...so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

im sorry catawalks but that is a VERY pointltess deal, offering no benefits what so ever. you could easily get a running crx for less then a grand. they are not worth rebuilding. if you are one of those people that has the money to rebuild whatever htey want then it would be a project, but if you are an average person then dont do it, you will never be able to sell it for a good price or make any profit.

im sorry catawalks but that is a VERY pointltess deal, offering no benefits what so ever. you could easily get a running crx for less then a grand. they are not worth rebuilding. if you are one of those people that has the money to rebuild whatever htey want then it would be a project, but if you are an average person then dont do it, you will never be able to sell it for a good price or make any profit.

Ya thats true! But you can always find someone that will want it from a sucker of a kid to an older person that knows nothing. He might just do alrgith with it....

well the whole thing is...I've always wanted a CRX...but I don't wanna spend more than $1k getting one...and I just kinda wanted one as a DD for now until I finish my current project car...91 Integra. I figure if I get one for cheap...like by some miracle be able to get this one shipped to me for next to nothing...I can get some junkyard parts around here and get it running for the time being. It won't become anything special until after I finish the first thing I started. And no I don't have the money to just fix anything I want...but I can wait and slowly build it with the little income I can put towards things.

I do however understand your reserve in this matter and unless I can get shipping for like $100 I'm gonna have to look more local.

And yeah...the fact that there is no rust on the rear quarters is something that really caught my eye...don't think i'll be so lucky with something from NY. And thats just more I'll have to fix later...so maybe it all evens out in the end?

dont listen to timmy, hes a lazy bastard. he spent all that time on that busted ass camaro and he still gets no chicks. if you wanna do up the crx then go for it, those are fun and easy cars to build. and if you do it right an enthusiast might offer something decent for it. id buy timmys car just to roll it off a cliff. if you do buy it and fix it to your liking then thats all that matters. as for the front end, you can always replace it with an oem one or get the jdm front.

dont listen to timmy, hes a lazy bastard. he spent all that time on that busted ass camaro and he still gets no chicks. if you wanna do up the crx then go for it, those are fun and easy cars to build. and if you do it right an enthusiast might offer something decent for it. id buy timmys car just to roll it off a cliff. if you do buy it and fix it to your liking then thats all that matters. as for the front end, you can always replace it with an oem one or get the jdm front.

ouch :laugh:

timmy...don't be hurt by what he said...i think your car is nice and it seems you've put a lot of work into it...thats what matters...not if its foreign or domestic but that you are enushiastic about an automobile enough to put that much effort into it.

but I still want a cheap CRX for a DD....someone find me one...or figure out a way to get this thing shipped for under $200...

Better yet just find me a place that will drop in a POS d16 or d15 for $300 so I can just drive it back

i am sure theres local junk yards in texas around were ur future cars is u can make friends with the people at the junk yards and let u build it right there in till is driveable thats what i did with a civic i had and now i get cheap parts or no cost what so ever because i am friends with the owner of the junk yard.

i got ur back man well not really but ill support u in buying it.

thanks...now if only I could get a couple weeks of paid vacation I would drive down there and find some junkyards for parts....but I don't really know anyone down there at all and this person doesn't want the car sitting there for a lot longer...idk...so far on the forums I'm on only one person is in that area...but they don't have any way of getting it for me...

wow you need to shut your frackin mouth. I wonder why you even talk. First of all why would you comment about my sex life? Dont assume anything about my life. Besides the fact that your busted, i just dont find it necessary to talk about my life on a honda forum. First of all i dont go galavanting around saying my cars the best, but yea when I do drive around it attracts a lot of attention, and i get a lot of complements, so nothing your fat ass says is going to make me think different.

catawalks what state do you live in? I can run some searches on some online car dealerships and see what i can do. I jsut know for a fact you can get one running and ready to go for less then a grand. Im not busting on the car itself, It would be a very fun project, but I would avoid one thats coming out of a junkyard. Have a little patience and you will find one inspected and registered and in good shape for less then a grand.

Quit your arguing. This is the reason the forum is so damn dead now. I mean Hung left, Sexy hardly posts, and most of the regs left. Come on now.

I still think you shouldn't buy one from the junkyard, but that's just me.

timmy...i live in NY and its kinda hard to find anything from that time period that doesn't have any rust in the rear. Also its kinda hard to find them for under a grand as it is...i was looking around and people were asking $1800 for a bone stock 88 CRX HF... But anyways if you wanna look and help me out that would be great and much appreciated.

And solles...what do you think I should do? Private party, dealership...something else? I respect you and all the work you've done to your car but you have to realize that I don't want this car as a sports car yet...just as a DD and thats all. Maybe when I get done with the car I originally started I will work on this one but not until it's done.

I live 4 hours away from Fort Worth.

know anyplace that will drop an engine in there for cheap? It would not cost that much for me to drive down and drive it back...its just shipping is a bitch. so if you know someplace that would get me a cheap engine and drop it in that would cool.

I dont know any shops around Dallas/Fort Worth area, but i will ask around for you. I know there is a place called hondamotive in Abilene (about 2 hours away from there), but I have not heard anything of them.

I dont know any shops around Dallas/Fort Worth area, but i will ask around for you. I know there is a place called hondamotive in Abilene (about 2 hours away from there), but I have not heard anything of them.

thanks for the help man

Archived