beefing up an engine

HONDA CRX 88 SI

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm getting my gsr engine for $1500.

the reason being is the guy who's selling it to me wanted to put it into his CRX, but then met me and saw that i had an LS engine and was looking for a swap. He wants to do LS-VTEC, I want the b18C1. So, I'm trading my engine + $1500 for the gsr engine. He works at a shop, so he said he would install it no problem. I don't think it's really that hard to find a gsr cheaper than 3K, I'll have to side with Honda CRX 88 Si on this one...good luck with your k20a dream.

I'm getting my GSR engine for $1600 shipped. The only problem is its just the engine with intake mani, stage 3 clutch, and light flywheel...so its gonna be a bit of a rebuild but I was planning on doing one anyways.

P.S. - I got fired from work yesterday...for theft of soda and candy...god I love Staples

well that k20a is not much of a dream any more man today i went to the bnk open an acount for 800 dollars and its my engine acount soon it will be at 4500 so i can buy it man.

First comes the 4500/5000..maybe more motor..tranny..

Then comes the fabbing..

And the programming..

Yea..Might as well just buy a Type-S and cam it.

yeah but u gatta love a k20a type R rex. naw i know its pricey but is what i want and i am going to work my as$ off so i can do it man i all ready have 1200 in that acount so i hope i reach what i need.

well. you're probably gonna need at least $7000 more. good luck.

thats true cause i dont want to do any mods to it or anything for a long time. so the most ill spend i think is going to be 5500 dollars cause my friend from the junk yard is going to hook me up with alatta things and all i am going to need is the sir speedometer and the harness, of course the engine and ill customise the exhaust my self. i think the most expensive parts are going to be engine mounts and the custumise pulley so it all can fit under the hood.

well i think i know what ur trying to say man that i could just use the gsr i have or that i can get this other thing and put so much in it. but i think i want a k20a man, the b series for me are to out of date, man might as well should have keep my d16a6.

why spend so much money in an engine that has only little potential well its not little but i bet in a couple of more years the k series will have alot of performance parts and i am all ready running 220 hps imagine the posibilities man think of them if i could get atlist 290 horse power out of the k20a some how. a rex with 290hp and a very good tune and suspension u gatta watch out. seriously

Haha, ok man. Good luck with you're K series swap. Good luck on all new suspension, and on all new interior things like cluster and all that wiring, and good luck still running 14's.

You just don't realize.

Archived