drifting

1. buy a RWD car

2. learn 2 throw the rear end out around corners (drift).......... and keep control of the car....

3. i agree wy the fawk did that movie have 2 come out......

Alright you probably seen the new fast and the furious thats a movie. Drifting takes more than just a RWD car and curvy roads. Put crudely drifting is sliding your car around corners maintaining high speed and control. The whole point is that you want the car to look out of control sliding around corners at incredible speeds and angles. There is a lot behind it and requires much practice so it should not be done on the street. Someone with a FWD car trying to drift is pointless, well it can be done but its not the same and many if not all will frown upon this. Drifting is done on the track and so unless you are doing it professionally or have a separate car set aside specifically for drifting and a track that allows drifting nearby I probably wouldnt bother. Oh and not to mention the cost building the engine for the constant high rpms.

^^wrong. Drifting can't be done in a FWD. Unless you can apply power during the slide then you aren't drifting. You may be sliding but if you start adding a lot of power during a slide in a fwd, it will start to straighten out because of the understeer. You can slide a fwd but not drift.

If you're interested in drfiting, then please go and be a spectator at an official event. Do not be one of the many people who have attempted it only to end up in a ditch or with a totalled car.

http://formulad.com/home.php

http://www.d1gp.com/index.asp

This doesn't belong in the CRX forum, and will be moved to GD.

You have a fwd drive crx. You shouldn't even attempt to drift. Buy a miata or something.

I drift my crx all the time. . . i got sweet graphics and a buttonless ebrake.. jk.. drifting is cool, but not in a honda lol..

most of u guys may think i posted this cause of the movie naw not at all i did it cause i seriously dint know any thing about it and personally i would not like drifting cause its expensive plus if some things goes wrong it could be a dangerous manuver i just wanted some info on it not nothing serious.

most of u guys may think i posted this cause of the movie naw not at all i did it cause i seriously dint know any thing about it and personally i would not like drifting cause its expensive plus if some things goes wrong it could be a dangerous manuver i just wanted some info on it not nothing serious.

Drag racing, road racing, auto-x, even just daily driving is dangerous and can be costly if something goes wrong.

Like civicracinggrl said, any sport is dangerous everything has its precautions, regardless what the matter may be, but if your into drifting the only honda that you will use is an S2000, otherwise nissan or toyota

• 2 weeks later...

SIR VTEC, I COULD NOT AGREE MORE. THE S2000 DRIFTS SMOOTHLY AND LOOKS SEXY. FOR ALL FAST & FURIOUS FANS ...PLEASE LAY OFF...THAT WAS ACTING (FOR THOSE WHO DID NOT KNOW) B/C YOU CANNOT DRIFT A FWD.

i think that movie frackin rocked ass.

i love movies about cars but i hate rice.. go watch the movie then u can talk crap about it.

but watch it with an open mind on how hard the mother frackers practiced and how good they are at what they do.

Archived