Newb up in here

Pr93

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey whats up. Thought I decide to join, Dont know much about cars,but imports have always caught my eye, have some questions regarding a 93 civic LX I just bought.

I have a d15b7 non vtec, I just purchased the car for a fairly good price, the engine has only 88,100 miles on it, wich is pretty damn good for a 93, now I want to get more HP, I dont want to do an engine swap because of the low mileage and dont got that kind of cash for a turbo, so of course the I/H/E will be put in, it was suggested to me that I change my head, and get a d16y8 or d16z6, now I dont know which would be a better fit or where to find one..

Has any one here built a d series motor??

The head you have is the same as an 89-91 Si head. Keep it. Send the cam to Deltacam and have them do a 272 regrind on it ($100). DC 4-1 header. Skunk2 intake manifold.

Another Question:

I found a 2000 Civic EX Manual D16Y8 Intake Manifold +Throttle Body can I use it for my LX automatic?

And if so Can I use it on my D15 and still keep the same hoses?

Get one from a junkyard.

I found a 2000 Civic EX Manual D16Y8 Intake Manifold +Throttle Body can I use it for my LX automatic?

And if so Can I use it on my D15 and still keep the same hoses?

Archived