How asr these subs. Bazookas?

Well as I drove my crx today, I realised that my car lacks a lot of bass. So I decided to throw in a sub.

This is what i have in mind so far. the bazook subs with the built in amp. I don't want a lot of thump .

what do u guys think about em?

I think the Bazooka would be perfect..

I find that while custom setups are really nice and powerful, they tend to drown out the music. Like you, I want more bass, but not too much to retain trunk space, and well, money.

They sound great too.

they tend to drown out the music

only if you don't get good speakers to match. yeah, if you buy two audiobahn 15" subs and use a 1000 watt amp and match that with cone speakers, then yes, it will sound like sh!t. people have to be smart putting a system together...you can't just throw subs and speakers together with a big-ass amp and expect it to sound good.

and no, bazooka is not good.

had 2 different bazookas in my del sol. one, without a built in amp, and anther with it. the one with the built in amp was too low really, gave a nice bump and was right behind the seats but if it was anywhere else its like u didnt have bass. the other was a 12" that was nice. but rattled crap too much since it was right behind.

they are ok, if it sounds good to you, then keep it.

• 4 weeks later...

you pretty much get what you pay for. my friend had a 500 watt amp hooked up to 2 subs, then tried a 300 watt amp that was about twice as much as the 500 watt amp on the same subs and the 300 watt amp hit alot harder. when comparing amps and subs look at peak power and rms (continuous power). cheap setups will have plenty of peak power but pretty crappy rms. i saw a sub that was only $20 with 300 watts peak power, but only 80 watts rms, so it would hit pretty hard but would distort a continuous tone.

Archived