smokin

93 civic hatch

My car overheated and I blew a headgaskit.I put a new radiator ,cap,and hoses, got the head check for cracks and shaved,It's all back together and now its smoking,It doesn't smoke all the time so I know it's not a piston ring problem,compression is perfect. No check engine light so I don't think its a bad sensor. It doesn't idle weird and the car has never run better except for this FU!%#ING smoke. I think maybe it's a loose valve guide or somthing......Any ideas....I'm losing my mind 93civic hatch

My car overheated and I blew a headgaskit.I put a new radiator ,cap,and hoses, got the head check for cracks and shaved,It's all back together and now its smoking,It doesn't smoke all the time so I know it's not a piston ring problem,compression is perfect. No check engine light so I don't think its a bad sensor. It doesn't idle weird and the car has never run better except for this FU!%#ING smoke. I think maybe it's a loose valve guide or somthing......Any ideas....I'm losing my mind 93civic hatch

how much smoke, what color is the smoke. you might jus be burning oil

Supposing there was alot of oil and antifreeze trapt in the muffler from when i blew the headgaskit ,how long would it take to burn away.I'm pretty sure thats not the problem but I have to hope.Just a friend of mine was having the same problem after a head gaskit and just bought a new exhaust system and the problem dissapeared

Archived