almost jacked

Rick B.

about 3 weeks ago my car was almost stolen. i have a car alarm which is what saved it. at about 630 in the morning two guys with screwdrivers pried open my driver door lock and opened the driver door. they set off the alarm which woke me up and they ran off to a car that was idling across the street and drove away. since then ive had to fill my driver door lock with super glue to keep it from being opened with a screwdriver. what are some inexpensive ways to safeguard my car more. im trying to save up for a lojack system.

my loss would have been this:

-Two Black tenso-r bucket seats

-1995 obd1 GSR engine

-Competition street clutch

-Competition aluminum flywheel

-JDM GSR transmission

-Skunk2 intake manifold

-Skunk2 66mm Race throttle body

-Skunk2 titanium adjustable cam gears

-Skunk2 OBD@ to OBD1 conversion harness

-P28 ECU upgrade

-Skunk2 spark wire cover

-NGK Type R spark plugs

-AEM cold air intake for 2000 civic SI

-DC civic SI headers 4-2-1

-OEM Type R throttle cable with bracket

-Apex VAFC2 vtec controller

In South Africa they have a security system for cars that shoots flames on unwanted intruders. I wish that was legal in the US.

that would be kick ass.

dam man that would be nice but they sell a nice alarm wich u take it and they put sensors all over the dam car man and put a gps tracking system in it. and it comes with a controller that hangs in ur key chain to alert u. for got the name but i mean that is a sweet alarm system right there man.

That really is a sweet alarm system. A friend of mine had it on his prelude at our H.S. and just about anytime that a car...simple car...would drive by it would go off. It has a setting to where you can set how sensitive it is. I almost got it for my car...then I got into a wreck...*sigh* (not my fault by the way, Lol)

I can't remember it off hand...but if I can get ahold of my friend I should be able to get it...I'll PM it to you...just give me a few days...ish, Lol.

I can't remember it off hand...but if I can get ahold of my friend I should be able to get it...I'll PM it to you...just give me a few days...ish, Lol.

that sounds like lojak

Actually, no it's not lojak, Lol. The system he told me that he used was clifford. He got it from Ultimate Electronics. I don't know if you guys have that there or not, but ya...that was the name of it.

• 3 months later...

I had a starter alarm in my 92 honda civic and and one morning my civic woke up blind..guys popped my hood cut tha wires and went to work....so i would suggest addin and seperate battery for ur alarm and make it internal...and tha cut-off switch is good too

you can put a cut off switch on your starter. or if u want a lil fancyer get one of thoes remote switches form pepboys and use that for your cut off siwtch, now the switch isn't even in the car to be found.

you can put a cut off switch on your starter. or if u want a lil fancyer get one of thoes remote switches form pepboys and use that for your cut off siwtch, now the switch isn't even in the car to be found.

i think a good punishment for a car jacker should be a an ass whopping, the death penalty depending on the circumstances. fuel cutoff switch is the way to go though, ive read that you can have a secondary cutff switch as well.

Archived