Do I have ABS?!?!

mountaindewguy

ok when i bought my civic, the guy that owned it said it did not have ABS, i didn't think much of it and shrugged it off. but then a while back when i replaced my brakepads, non of the non abs pads fit, so i grineded down a similar par to fit.

then today i got my right side wheel bearing replaced, and so i bought a non abs bearing and it didnt fit, so the shop got an ABS bearing and it fit..

next on my list is to replace my master cylinder.

my question, is there anywhere on the master cylinder to tell if its ABS or not?

95 EX coupe, electric windows/locks/sunroof (don't know if the trim matches ABS style or not)

Cars with ABS tend to have a ABS light on the dash, you could also look behind the brake discs to see if there is a ABS ring (looks like a cog with flat teeth) and also there will be a wire behind the disc (ABS sensor) going through the inner wheel well to the engine bay.

mayb some1 f***ed up and tryed to upgrade the brakes at 1 point and put Non-ABS parts on an ABS car?

i donno just thought i would through that out there.......

check your gauge cluster for the abs warning light. turn your key on the "on" position and see if it lights up. check in your engine bay for something like this:

DSC00726.jpg

DSC00725.jpg

DSC00724.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

thats the abs thingy.

dude , just put the jey in the ignition , and turn it to on , and when all the lights light up on the cluster look for an ABS light. if its there , you know.

dude , just put the jey in the ignition , and turn it to on , and when all the lights light up on the cluster look for an ABS light. if its there , you know.

i jusy said that, dude

Archived