Project Integra: What Motor should I use?

Ahhh, the F20C :wub: , Lets try narrowing the motor by: Availibilty, parts availibility, swap difficulty, and easy power gains. Although, I like the D15 idea by xxscaxx bleh , jk.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Although, I like the D15 idea by xxscaxx bleh , jk.

Dude the D has mass potential, I guess you wouldn't know yet cause your new. I just hope SolLes doesn't read this lol :ph34r:

go with the b18c1. make sure its an obd1 model, in my opinion its the best platform to build on. parts for it are easily available, and if you turbo it, you will be well over 300hp. its great for drag. now if you want to go circut with it, you definitely need to beef up the suspension, lower it, and put on some nice wide sticky tires.

Dude the D has mass potential, I guess you wouldn't know yet cause your new. I just hope SolLes doesn't read this lol :ph34r:

he was talking about the d15. solles had a d16.

either way, if he keeps it stock or not wider tires isnt a bad idea. it will help with handling and traction on the track. you dont want this guy to get on the track with pizza cutter tires and end up in a ditch

Didn't read the second page, but SSR is right as far as circuit goes. If you're going circuit, don't upgrade anything (suspension or motor) until you've done your fair share of Solo2 racing. Until you can get the best times on your car stock, you don't need to upgrade. The only thing a faster and better handling car will do is cover up your mistakes. If you have an extra 8 grand then leave the teg stock and buy a crx for a couple grand and sink 6 grand into that for drag.

What is HPDE? I wanted to do SOLO2 racing just to get a feel for that type of racing and because it's easy to just walk in and do it with really no "setup" to get involved. Is HPDE the same only with instructors? Also, there's some Solo2 events only a couple hours from here. Where do I find out where the HPDE events are (or are they tied in with the same events as Solo2)?

Sorry if I was misleading, My original intentions were to buy a stock integra(any model), run it on the track to get use to the course, then upgrade tires, then upgrade and tune the suspension, THEN (probably this time next year) build a motor to put in it. I've just been trying to do a little homework before I invest. I do appreciate everyones input, Thanks.:thumbsup:

This is Scoot3rs car, we did this in a month, complete interior and exterior, I think he would have more than I/H/E on an integra in a year

2218048267hq.jpg

221804830full3hn.th.jpg

Modification List:

-3" Adjustable Coil Overs

-Tokico Gas Struts

-Chrome Projector Head Lamps

-Hyper White 8500k H3 bulbs

-Chrome Altezza Tail Lights

-Shaved Door Handles

-Tinted Windows

-Drift Body Kit

-Molded Side Skirts

-Iridium Spark Plugs

-Double Silicone Spark Plug Wires

-Chrome Intake Manifold

-Cold Air Intake

-4-1 Header

-High Flow Cat

-2.5" CatBack with 4" Muffler

-Black Leather Racing Seats

-4 Point safety harnesses

-CD/MP3 Player

-260w 6.5" Mid Range Speakers

-460w 6x9 Mid Range Speakers

-760w Amplifier

SSR you talk alot of crap dude , you dont know how he can drive , and you sure as fuk dont know what he can drive like in a year , what are you talking about? you make yourself sound like such a cocky ass dude . your what 19? gimme a break. dont let him drag ya down scooter , hes always like this. arrogant.

Someone who drives a riced out Eclipse has not seen a day on a road course, guaranteed. An average track event (HPDE) will cost you over $600 total. I've done a crap load of them and I'm still not a great driver compared to guys in HC and IT, etc. If he wants to be good in a year, he'd better have about a dozen events, that comes out to be $7,200. There goes his engine build. Most people aren't dedicated enough to spend all that money on becoming better, instead they'll probably spend it on being faster, like he more than likely will do.

Someone who drives a riced out Eclipse has not seen a day on a road course, guaranteed. An average track event (HPDE) will cost you over $600 total. I've done a crap load of them and I'm still not a great driver compared to guys in HC and IT, etc. If he wants to be good in a year, he'd better have about a dozen events, that comes out to be $7,200. There goes his engine build. Most people aren't dedicated enough to spend all that money on becoming better, instead they'll probably spend it on being faster, like he more than likely will do.

Word to that.

Btw.

K-Swap for the win. I just got my ass handed to me by one with a weapon-r header, (he ran it open, mind you :thumbsup: ) and an intake system.

Such a hoss, damn eg6 hatch. So light. Knew I'd lose, but what the hey. He's supposed to be running low thirteen's..or better..he's beaten several LS1 SS Camaro's..they're low thirteen and high twelve second cars depending on the driver and maintenance.

Archived