Project Integra: What Motor should I use?

:crazy: I'm starting a new project, and I'm a newb when it comes to Honda and Acura platforms and swaps. I planning on using a 94-01 Integra platform. Its curb weight is 2530lbs. I'm not sure if I should use a H22, B16, B17, B18, K20. I need Help w00t

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like 300-350whp, so I plan to turbo the motor. I want this thing to run 12s, but also get around on a road course. I plan on spending around $8000 plus the car. :blush:

if you got 8000 to spend for drivetrain than go K20 man. theres simply no other route to take if you got 8000 to spend , lol. well there is but K rocks. pick yourself up a K20A2 out of an RSX type S. theres also a type R K20A(JDM) , 20 more horse stock but more money. go with the A2.

Circuit and drag would be completely different setups. For drag, I'd swap a B18C1, build it with boost. For circuit, build the suspension first, then do a B20VTEC swap and if you have money left, do a jackson racing supercharger and/or build the B20.

dudes hes got 8 grand to spend on drivetrain , how can yas sit there and not tell him to go K for race aps? K is the best engine dude for either drag or circuit , imo. B series is fantastic and i love them too but hes got the money for the best why not go with the best.

Because he won't be any better with it. All power will do is get him in trouble. This past weekend at the ITR Expo I was holding with a K series Civic with LSD. All I had was the EX trans and some bald R comps.

Alright, I hear 3 for B20 and 3 for B18C1, and K20A2 is falling short. I want an easy tuning well rounded motor, and something thats a relatively moderate swap. w00t

b18c1 is a relatively inexpensive swap that shouldn't be too difficult to do. You have a lot of potential in that motor (400 whp +) and you can bring up the numbers with ease. I don't know too much about it since i haven't done the swap myself but i'm sure hungGSR can tell you about everything you need to know.

springs and racing tires, haha.

I ran on R comps ( a step away from race tires) this weekend and I'm not ready for them. I've done 10x more events than the original poster has done.

i say d15.

but seriously. if you want to race in circuit, listen to SSR. he does that crap all the time.

circuit is completely different from drag. its either one, or the other.

I hate everyone who knocks the B20 because it has thin cylinder walls. Yes it does. What is it like 1.5 mm compared to most B's at 4 or so? That's what I heard at least. Anyway, yes they are thin, but there is this thing called resleeving where you can get new, better, sleeves. I have seen a boosted B20/vtec make 683 whp 504wtq on C16 gas and 26 psi.

NA build on a B20 vtec is great. That's what I'll be starting in the fall.

man you could do a K swap , without changing any internals at all , run 8 lbs of boost . run greddy emanage and be pushing at the very least 300 horse. the engine is capable of big power. it is more exspensive swap though for sure. B20 is the last thing id run. itr swap is gonna cost ya near what a K will(just for the engine/trans). tir swap not good for boost application so research says. way i see it you got 2 options , K20 or B18C1. C1 doesnt have the bottom end like a K which would be good for circuit , but they are pretty even top end if both built equal. C1 is a bolt in swap for you hassel free , K isnt , lol , although not the worst thing youl go through in your life. either way you go your in the good , but like i said K series rocks and in my opinion is the 2nd best 4cyl engine honda ever made. first being F20C of course.

Archived