Have you seen any new type cop cars lately?

shishpanik

Damn recently i've been seeing all the crown vics that cops used to drive around her or chevy impalas replaced with Dodge Chargers!!!

They scare me so muchhh. When I see them in my rear view it looks like there are monster eyes just staring back at me, and i'm sure these chargers are much faster and much more effective than an old person car like a crown vic. Is this just happening in the DC area or is this phenomena happening nationwide?

ha ha ha those are just called narks!

The undercover cars I saw were pimp. I was in FL one time and had a 350Z trying to race me. I judt ignored him and a Civic went flyin by and the 350 took off too. Little bit down the road I saw him sitting with all kinds of strobes on, on the side of the road behind the civic and a cop at the Civic's window.

Yeah, we have Chargers and Magnums around here. They still have the CVs and Tahoes... I've also seen some Explorers. Cops are idiots. They should get imports, they can take a hell of a lot more beating than domestics. (go ahead Tim... chew me out for saying that)

yea, lafayette just got 2 chargers, but only one is a hemi, have tons of CVs, couple exploerers but those are counties, a ton of undercover grand prixes and bonevilles, i heard somewhere that they are supposed to do away with undercover cops all together, but i highly doubt that that will ever happen

Lot's of the new impala cop cars around here. Our Sherriff's Dept. just got a new Charger, has a mustang dare car, and a Chevy 4x4 with a lot of stuff done to it, including an incredibly expensive airbrush job over the entire truck. I saw a black vette in Illinois once with all it's windows tinted, and it ended up being a cop. I've also seen in Illinois broken down trucks on the side of the road, with a guy looking under the hood, but it's actually a cop shooting people with radar from under the hood.

They are starting to get new 2006 impalas, which look like malibu's lol. But yea they have a 1996 Supercharged Z28 that they use on the freeway to catch speeders lol. Although my brother outran the cop in the NSX lol

Found something interesting about the Police Gallardo

police_gallardo.jpg

"Italian Police first received a Lamborghini Gallardo free of charge From the famous sports car manufacturers back in may 2004. They liked the car so much that they have recently put an order in for a second. The 500 horsepower 190 mph beast will prowl the Salerno - Reggio Cabaleria highway. The police issue Gallardo's come well equipped with advanced medical equipment, and cutting edge navigation and communications technology to act as a fast response unit in accident scenarios. The supercar may also be used to transport transplant organs quickly from and to medical facilities."

Archived