radio cuts off without warning

Joe W

I put a pioneer reciever in my dad's van and now itll work but after a few minutes it shuts off the thing is i think its overheating cause the back part(metal) is scolding hot when it cuts out and i cant figure out why its overheating. I suggested to my dad it was the way he had the hots run, he has the constant(yellow) and hot wire(red) run together and then has that going straight into a fuse in the fusebox, and my dad swears that this couldnt be the problem. Any suggestions on what could be causing the overheating or would the way my dad has the power run cause the problems like i think?

Don't know if that's causing the problem, but the constant yellow should be run seperate from the red acc wire. The constant should obviously get a constant power and the acc should only have power when the ignition is on. Fix that wiring problem whether that's what's causing it or not. Chances are that might fix your problem, but it really should be blowing a fuse before the receiver clips.

yea i kno it doesnt really make sense. ima try to rewire that. aacording to my dad tho that doesnt matter, but instead of arguing i just left it alone.

Archived